Part 12 Defiant | Edited

Start from the beginning

You glanced around the room and noticed everyone watching before your eyes ricochet at the teacher "A Salamander is a small fire dwelling lizard that feeds on flames. They are born from the flames and only live as long as the flame itself" - your eyes jumped between faces "The number that represents them is 6" - then turned your gaze back at the professor "And yes, we did learn it in Ilvermorny second year. So I'm rather confused as to why you're teaching us child's play."

Everyone around the class chuckled or snorted, trying their best not to burst out laughing. Even Tom had a slight grin on his face.

The only person who didn't find that amusing was Bathsheda herself. She folded her arms and narrowed her eyebrows in anger "Alright. If you assume that is child's play..." - she approached your chair and stood behind it "What happens if you listen to a Fwooper sing?"

"People say you go mad. Therefore the sellers sell these beautiful, colorful birds after they cast a silencing charm on them"

"Incorrect!" - Bathsheda bellowed, elated that you got it wrong "Listening to a fwooper sing will not drive you insane. However, the sound and tone of it will make you deaf"

"Uhm... no" - As soon as she heard you, the grin faded from her lips "The high pitched twittering will make you insane" - you saw the fury spitting in her eyes as you continued to surprise her with your wits "Honestly, It's in the book 'Fantastic beasts and where to find them' written by an author named Newt Scamander." - you cheekily smiled as you stood up "Let me give you a tip, miss. If you don't know how to teach - Don't do it."

This time, most of the people in the room 'oooo-ed' as they gazed at the two of you. The only reaction that mattered the most was Tom's though, who appeared incredibly amused. He wore a smile that you'd usually never see. Clearly, he was very fond of the teacher being humiliated.

"Sit down." - Bathsheda placed her hand on your shoulder and pushed you down to your seat "Honestly, miss <___>, I am incredibly disappointed with your attitude. 20 points from Gryffindor. You are not worthy of your house. And I will be sure to have a word with the headmaster."

"Who knows" - you shrugged "Maybe I'll slither my way into Slytherin then" - you smiled at amused Tom then smirked back at the teacher.

The rest of the lesson felt tense but you powered through it, all though you kept getting ignored by the professor.

Once you left, Lily grabbed your shoulder

"That was awesome!" - she jumped upwards cheerfully "Nobody dares to disobey her, she's terrifying." - her emerald eyes glimmered with admiration "You. Are my hero. And brave as heck."

"No biggie. She just seemed to hate me for some reason"

"She's just strict and you gave her sass"

From behind, Sirius Black caught up and twirled in front of you, walking backwards as he quickly said "That was impressive, <___>"

"Thanks" - you grinned, at which he smiled before turning back forwards and heading towards a different direction than you and Lily

"I think he has a thing for you" - said Lily

"What?" - but before she could answer, from the corner of your eye you noticed Tom heading for the library. Without diverting your sight, you uttered to her "Would you excuse me? I need to quickly do something"

Lily nodded as a 'bye' and the two of you parted ways.

You had free time now due to a spare lesson so you trailed after Riddle.

But before you stepped into the library, you made a quick visit to the girls bathroom where you pulled out two glass goblets out of your satchel.

In one, you poured in grape juice and in the other - the potion which Dumbledore handed to you. It was the time that you, for now and always, eliminated Tom's inability to feel affection.

You glared at the purple serum, thinking about different scenarios of approach. You knew if Tom drank it all then he would feel lust and passion - since the liquid eliminated any side effects. However, if he didn't fully drink it, the potion would not work.

You crossed your heart and stepped into the library with two glasses of purple drinks clenched in your hands. One yours and one not.