Part 4 Target | Edited

Start from the beginning

It took you a few flicks but your bird quickly fell mute. Majority of other students were struggling, among them, now curious Lily, whose hand hovered in the air as she glimpsed at your raven

"Wow! How did you do it so fast?"

"It's not as difficult" - you showed her the movement of your wrist for the spell "All you have to do is wave your wand a little more"

Her emerald eyes pierced back at her current objective, she cleared her throat and mimicking what you just presented her, she uttered "Silencio" - and succeded, feeling proud of herself as she smiled at the mute animal in front "Thank you!"

You watched Flitwick help out the ones who were struggling with the spell, some of their ravens had fallen either quiet but not mute, or nothing worked at all.

Meanwhile, you knew that Tom Riddle had to be present in the room and you knew he'd be sat somewhere among Slytherin. This was set 1, and Riddle being as smart and ambitious as he was, it was a definite he'd be here.

And that's when you heard Filius's high-pitched voice again "Well done, Mr. Riddle! If you could please show that to Mr. Avery"

You looked towards the distant right, at the opposing front row, spotting a young slytherin boy beside an already silent raven. His jet-black hair had curled, his skin was pale and smooth, his eyelids dark, shadowing over his green, captivating eyes. This boy was one of the most handsome ones in the room. He looked charming and mysterious.
He glanced over at the blonde boy seated next to him and appeared to be whispering something, following Flitwick's request no doubt.

Next to you, Lily sighed "Don't fall for it."

As if you had snapped back to reality, your head turned at her "Sorry?"

"Tom Riddle. He is shallow" - she replied "I saw the way you looked at him"

"What? Oh, I was just... I mean..."

"He's a terrible potions partner. One time when we had to work together, he didn't say a word and didn't let me do anything, just kept sneering. Not to mention the fact he has an actually cruel personality." - she scoffed "Meanwhile all other girls ever talk about is how dreamy he is, can you believe that?"

You glimpsed at his handsome features again, responding "Well... I can see the reason behind the fuss"

When you looked back at Lily, you noticed she had been frowning as if asking whether you were serious through her eyes.

Since now you identified who he was, you were able to plan out your first move.

"Now" - Flitwick stood by his desk, addressing the whole, now quiet, class "Let's step it up a little" - he flicked his wand at the bird, turning it into clear glass. And then he pointed at it again, "Aguamenti!" - water leaped in out of nowhere starting at the bottom. His eyes jumped back at the students and he instructed everyone to use the accio charm or transfiguration to get a glass and then summon water.

You decided to accio it. Which flew over from the corner of the room instantly. Some students gave up with their enchantments and just went to grab a glass each, physically, themselves.

Summoning water felt like more difficult of a task as you struggled to get it in your first tries.

Meanwhile, Lily successfully casted the aguamenti charm. As she noticed you struggle, she playfully grinned "You just have to move your wand a little more"

"Aguamenti!" - you and half of the people in the room yelled out.

When it finally appeared, Flitwick had already instructed everyone to turn vinegar into wine.

So you waved your wrist repeatedly but it would not turn. It was a spell that must have hit a weak spot.
After minutes, Lily watched your liquid turn red before hers did, but she quickly prevailed after.
Some of the transparent solids had ice in them rather than wine, which was one of the results from failing at this charm.

As all of the students stood to help clean up and put away equipment, you flicked your wand to get rid of the tableware. But since you forgot to get rid of the wine first, your glass flew into the air, then dashed into the nearest passing by student. Poor victim was trying to sort out a new notesbook from the teacher at the time the glass hit their chest.

Embarrassed, as it was obviously your fault, you ran over to the person.

"I'm so sor---" - you then noticed their shocked, enraged face looming over you. Yep. Tom Riddle.

"Are you daft?!" - he yelled, his expression grim "It's a simple cast-away spell!"

"Technically.... I succeeded... Here, let me help" - You were about to twirl your wand

But he stopped you "Forget it. Do not need more of your incompetence."

"I said I was sorry"

"If I had known that splashing wine on students was part of the course perhaps I would have summoned an umbrella" - Tom bitterly said.

You decided to just leave it for now and return to your seat.
All students appeared neutral, except for now that one guy who kept giving you shivering, resentful stares.

So much for first impressions.