Chapter Ten

[Marvin’s POV]

I was bound on the chair, they gagged me too, and I was breathing raggedly, blood, everywhere as far as I can see, and my vision was blurry beyond compare, my other eye was shut tight. They’ve tortured me ever since I arrived here.

They thought I would talk, it’s like I’ll tell where my sister is, believe me as much as I hate her, as much as she’s such a pain in the neck, I will always protect her, no matter what. I sighed and tried to focus my vision on The Head.

The Head, he’s like the chief of a downtown squad who was put up to the job of hunting every gang down on each and every turf even in Vesperin, they saw that place as the filthiest landmark in all of the Rogues Cradle. It’s what we call New York nowadays.

I kept my face straight and my jaw set, I couldn’t confess to him, even though Ria was somewhere out there, I still know where she is. Amazing huh? But I’m not the only one who can find her, which leads to the question, why am I the only one here?

The Head, cracked his knuckles and looked at me with those gold eyes, he too had the serum within his veins but the thing is he can control it, like me.

“Let’s do this again, shall we Marvin?” he said in a low but threatening voice, of course no one can threaten me and sometimes I pretend to be threatened by Loki but the truth is, I’m more of the leader type than him.

He circled my chair, and I just kept my eyes set on the wall, I breathed slowly and calmly, I heard a gun being loaded and I felt it press on the surface of my neck. The Head was like the exterminator or something like that, he has the Assassins with him so he’s not afraid of killing everyone in his path.

Why would he be afraid? The gangs as far as I know, they can fight back but with the Assassins with him, he’s almost invincible, he seemed pretty invincible now except for that one weak point over his neck. Don’t ask me how I know, I just do, I always will.

“You’re a part of Loki Hemorez’s gang right? Or what you call the Pack? Hackers, all of you with your charms you get pass the wall pretty neatly wouldn’t you say so?” He said as he circled me again. I didn’t respond but I was pretty sure he knew everything he had to with the silence I was giving him.

“Your Pack is the most ruthless, am I correct? News travels fast indeed inside the Wall even if you have disguises we know you were there, we always knew, we just had to have the right timing to get you.” He hissed.

“So, where is your precious sister?” he stopped right in front of me and I felt several more guns probing on me. “Don’t tell me you don’t know where she is, because I know you do, you always will, you were designed to hunt after all.”

My face didn’t falter for even one second when he stared into my eyes, anyone with a weak façade could be easily as hypnotized by him and I know I wouldn’t fail. I wouldn’t give in to those menacing eyes, I’m stronger than most.

“Why Marvin, cat got your tongue or should I say, dog got your tongue?” he chuckled and everyone laughed with him, I just glared at him.

“I know what you are, what your sister is, that’s why we’re looking for her, she needs to be trained and you know it too, think about it, if she hasn’t trained, if she’s new to this, do you think she’ll survive?” he said, then my face softened just that one second it did ‘cause I really did thought about it.

She’s new to this and if she doesn’t learn how to control it sooner or later she’ll find herself collapsing and giving in to the serum but I still didn’t tell them, it was still a trap.

They were after her for one reason and I knew it, I wanted to protect her for as long as I can, I knew I had to, she was our only hope of actually ending this madness.

If I gave the information they needed she’d die, they would kill her, and no one could save her if they get that chance.

I glared at him, and kept my face straighter. He smirked at me and nodded over to the rest of them.

They put their guns down. Not good.

“If you won’t talk to me, at least talk to my son, Marvin.” He said, his voice laced with malice, then out of the dark and into the small light that one light bulb in the room was giving off was the so called son and I had to admit I was scared.

[Leo’s POV]

I felt a nudge on my hip, and I groaned, cold wind brushed my bare skin making me shiver, I heard rustling and I tried to open my eyes for just a crack, but ended feeling dizzy and my vision was just damn too blurry for me to even see anything except maybe pure whiteness, is that normal?

Then I felt being covered with something, leather? There was grumbling. I didn’t hear it but I was sure he was protesting. I felt something warm and then I was lifted. My head lolled to the side, my senses were dull so everything that happened around me seemed distant.

I opened my eyes again but the sheer light of the sun pierced my eyes so I shut them again, at least I was seeing something besides the white light, I blinked, trying again this time and I groaned, the knowing blue eyes of Eyes looked at me.

He was either concerned or annoyed. I couldn’t tell, he better be thankful I can’t tell otherwise I might’ve kicked his butt or something. My head was spinning, my vision was already swimming, and my body ached all over, and the shivers that ran up everywhere weren’t helping either.

“Why is it so cold?” I croaked, my throat felt like it was scratched by a million cats that just sharpened their claws.

“Because you don’t have any clothes, idiot.” He muttered and I think he rolled his eyes. The moment he said that, I froze all of a sudden.

“WHAT?!” I yelled. I didn’t care about my throat and how it was throbbing.

“Don’t get your… hair in a twist.” He chuckled. “I didn’t peek, it’s not like you’re worthy enough to look at, and besides TJ would kill me.” His voice was starting to sound detached or was it just me?

“Why would he –“ I faltered and everything was already blacking out. Eyes started panicking. “Hey Leo, don’t -!” but I didn’t get the chance to hear what he had to say because everything went black.

[Eyes’ POV]

“-Faint.” I finished but her eyes rolled back into her head and I groaned. I wanted to slap my face with my hands, the inconvenience of actually looking for her was too damn annoying but I couldn’t even do that since my hands were busy at the moment.

I knew why she disappeared and I knew it the moment I saw her, she just had that mark like the rest of us. Well not all of us, TJ doesn’t know a split about all of this, and it’s not like I plan on telling him, Leo’s already in jeopardy as we speak and I don’t want him to know about it.

Well mainly because they’ll just end up killing each other, I should’ve convinced him on selling her and maybe Marvin would find her or what but right now I have to worry about TJ not finding anything out about her.

I have to take Leo somewhere first, her spots haven’t faded yet and that would raise curiosity and I don’t want that, I can’t explain this to him, not yet. I need time and he needs to understand the severity of the situation.

Otherwise it just might end up blowing the whole world into pieces.