1

Prompt: Antagonist has died. Who leaves flowers on their grave? 

In the field next to the forest, Polly stood with an expression of disdain on her face, a bouquet of roses slightly crushed in her hand. The grave was little more than a whole in the ground. Nothing was in place to indicate a body was laid there other than the freshly moved dirt.

Axel was a great leader in Polly's eyes. He was intelligent, determined, and powerful. He was to surpass his predecessor with ease. He wasn't supposed to make the same mistakes as them. Axel underestimated the rebels far too many times. He paid the ultimate cost for his mistakes in the end.

"I hope you're happy, Axel. Once you died everything went was destroyed. Everything. The organization was overrun and collapsed after your death. The rebels took control of our assets. They captured most of our operatives with the information Ms. Ciprean took. If you had just ended them like you were supposed to, like our laws dictated, you would be alive. You would be with me. You stupid, SELFISH PIG!! You left me with your fallen empire..."

Polly tossed the flowers onto the grave of her leader, of her childhood friend, of her fiance.

"I wish you weren't dead, I honestly do, but for what you did, what you caused... "

Her fists clenched as she held in a grimace, trying to hold in her feelings. Angry tears slid down Polly's face, but she refused to wipe them away. She had a decision to make before coming to his grave. Seeing the state it was in, the way he was left to, hardened the shaky resolve she possessed.

"I'll try my best to fix this, Axel. I'll do it for you. I know that the organization was your everything. It always was..."

She left after that, after she vowed to rebuild a dead man's vision. She left there with a self-imposed mission to gather her forces, gain strength through any means possible, and hunt down the killers that took her future.

She was a woman broken and hurt enough to believe that. She was also desperate enough to succeed and make the whole world fall at her feet. 

_________________________________________

I hope you liked this little experiment! If not please tell me why.

Thank you for reading in the first place though! :)