Chapter 43: I Am Legend

Start from the beginning

Where did she learn to ride a horse and where did she learn to use a bow and arrows? She skillfully draws back the arrow and fires it right through an attacking vampire's heart. Her dark hair whips around in the breeze and her eyes are glowing.

Her eyes are glowing silver.

She wears a tight black leather body suit and black boots to go along with it. A shield is strung over her shoulder and across her chest and part of her abdomen to protect her from the enemy's attacks.

Who gave her the clothes, weapons, and the horse?

She looks fierce, stealthy, and hot.

But then I'm irritated.

She's not supposed to be fighting. I just got her back, I can't lose her again. I don't think I could bear going through that again.

I don't think my wolf could, either.

I pull out my sword once more and thrust it into a vampire's chest. He chokes and coughs as I forcefully drag the blade up to his heart. I know I've punctured it when his eyes turn glassy and he's dropped to the ground.

As I continue to fight with all the strength I have, I suddenly find myself surrounded. I fight off the vampires as I search for a way to escape.

But then I am deafened by the sound of roaring thunder. It's so loud I wince and have to cover my ears. In the blink of an eye, the sky flickers between light and dark.

It's like the sun is a fading light-bulb.

It flickers once, twice, three times.

And then all goes black.

Werewolves can see in the dark as can vampires, but the fact that the sun went out scares all, no matter how tough and monstrous they may be.

Then suddenly, the light appears once more. It's a blinding white flash that stuns the eyes of all. The sun has turned back on, and when I turn my eyes behind me, a large cloaked figure stands on the hill above us.

And I already know who it is.

The figure withdraws his hood. His golden eyes burns with such fire and rage that it strikes terror in the hearts of all who oppose him.

Who is he?

He is my real father who saved me from prison and will save the world from the vampire's wrath.

Black mist surrounds him, drowning the grass in its deadly power and wraps around his body like some sort of snake. He looks dangerous and lethal. A loud, thunderous growl emits from his throat and he takes a step forwards.

The Dark Army backs him up, the black horses stomping and neighing loudly behind him. The vampire's eyes widen at the  sight of the large figure looming over them. The vampire army had already suffered such a great loss that they were hesitant.

But then the general of the vampire raises his sword, commencing the fighting. Foolish he is, fighting a war he won't win.

But the vampires are a prideful species.

My father tolerates none of that, and with a simple motion of his hand, he forms the black mists into large balls in his palms. The vampires are stunned as he brings down his wrath on the evil beings.

The smell of blood and burning flesh filled the air as the beings faced his wrath, and I watch smugly as the vampire army started to draw back.

They were fleeing.

And our soldiers are commanded to capture them dead or alive.

The horseback riders are sent out after the fleeing vampire army, and one by one, the fleeing vampires are plucked from the ground and thrown atop the horses where they are bound with strong chains and gagged.