Pettiness and Platanos

Third Person POV

The brown-haired boy woke up to the dashing brown-skinned Amazon hovering over him, his head seated in her lap as she carefully examined him.

He quickly closed his eyes and pretended like he was still passed out, not wanting to worry her. It was kind of hard to pretend that he was still knocked out when there was a bug attached to his back that was talking massive shit about him. But Jaime was too busy listening to Helessi talk about his current state. He could hear the worry laced in her voice, and suddenly he felt bad for pretending that he was still asleep, but that feeling disappeared quickly when a new conversation arose. Wonder Girl and Hawkgirl walked in the room, both amused at Helessi taking care of him.

"Tending to your future husband already, huh?" The blonde Amazon joked. Neither one of them took it seriously, but the curly-haired warrior still threw a roll of bandages at her sister in battle, making all three of the girls laugh. The half-Thanagarian was unphased at this, everyone in the cave knowing damn well she wasn't interested in any of the dudes here. M'gann and Batgirl wanted to test this theory for themselves, having Nightwing take off his shirt infront of her, yet the winged girl didn't even bat an eyelash.

"Cassie, leave the happily married couple alone," the green eyed girl joked, making the brown-skinned demigod playfully roll her eyes. "Even my gay ass thinks this is cute. I'm eating all the food at the wedding." Jaime blushed at both of their comments. Did they really ship the two of them? And Shayeris was gay? It kind of explains all of her reactions, though. Makari and Nightwing were having a training session last week, and even Jaime had to admit that the boy was built. The Dominican boy had every girl in that cave blushing minus his sister and Shayeris. She didn't even give him a second glance. But he instantly focused on the conversation between the three girls and the male demigod.

"Y'all nasty as fuck," Makari said. "But there's one thing I wanna say."

"Go ahead, idiot." his twin sister said.

"My nieces or nephews better turn out cute as fuck."

"Makari!"

"What? Cassie agrees with me!" Sure enough, the blue-eyed girl nodded her head in approval, and Jaime could have sworn his face turned a new shade of red. To his demise, all three of the superheroes noticed. Helessi instantly worried and put one of her hands to his forehead.

"He's burning up. You think he's sick?" Jaime gushed at the fact that she was really concerned for him.

"Now I know for a damn fact I ain't kick him that hard, goddamn chicano."

"Maybe he needs some ice-"

A new voice chimed in. "Or maybe he's pretending to be incoherent so his crush could baby him, and maybe he can hear some of the atrocious comments that are being said at the moment."

The four teenagers looked up to see Aqualad, voice laced with jealousy.

The freckled demigod ran her hand through the Mexican boy's soft brown hair, giving him a wonderful feeling.

"You see that, Inferno? You're doing it right now!" The blond Atlantean referred to the intimate action.

"Are you really enraged enough to refer to me as my code name? We aren't on the job right now, Kaldur, you know that's not necessary."

"So are we going to ignore the fact that he's literally pretending to be unconscious so you could touch him? Does that not disturb you, Helessi?"

"By the gods, Kaldur, why are you paying attention to that?! Do you not have something to occupy yourself with? You are the leader, yet you have nothing to do?" Kaldur was getting sick of her defying him. If only she knew that he was trying to protect her from the scarab before she got hurt. His anger was about to blow out of proportion.

"Part of my job as a leader, is that I'm supposed to make sure that no one is acting inappropriately. That is exactly what he is doing."

"That is what you are doing as well, isn't sticking your head in someone's business also inappropriate?" She tilted her head at him. He was about to get mad. Oh well. His ass could get as mad as he wanted to, she wouldn't care. Everyone in the room (minus Makari) knew not to get in the way of an argument that involved Aqualad.

"I'm trying really hard not to do something that I might regret, Amazon. I advise you not to defy me."

"You think insulting my people is an effective insult. I guess the rumors are true, Atlanteans are stubborn. It explains a lot so far. It is not your job to worry about Jaime. Leave that to his parents, himself, and his friends. I advise you not to get in my way. You know fire and water don't go together."

"Keep on talking back to your leader, and we could make a prime example of that."

"Is that a threat?"

"I could make it one." Before he could say anything else, Makari stepped in front of him, daring the blond haired boy to lay a hand on his own flesh and blood.

"See, I know that she's being defiant. But what we not gon do is threaten her. Especially infront of my face. You got the whole game messed up, loco."

Kaldur almost snickered at the demigod's ignorance.

"Stay out of things you don't know of, son of Hades. You can't even control your own powers yet, I see why you and Blue Beetle get along so well."

"Don't correct me, okay? Look at yourself. The boy that is being 'inappropriate' as you say wouldn't hesitate to step in right now and defend his girl. Yet you're the one threatening her? That's low, and I hope you realize that. As much as Jaime and I have beefed before, that's the truth." Kaldur's eyebrows crinkled at that. His girl? Helessi was too strong, too impressive for him. She could do better. Jaime didn't even know one lick of Greek, and his self defense skills were that of a baby compared to Kaldur.
Atlanteans and Amazons fought together side by side in battles once upon a time, when the very Greek gods were on this earth. In the meantime, Jaime was mad enough to decide that it was time to interrupt the fight by waking up. As soon as he did, all of Helessi's attention was diverted to him, and the cocoa-skinned Atlantean scoffed.

"Jaime! Are you okay? You were burning up in your sleep." Jaime just wanted to hug her right there and then and tell her that he was fine, but he couldn't do that. Aqualad was right there.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. I'm so sorry that you had to worry about me that much. The scarab had changed my temperature for some reason, so I started getting a little hot. It's still kinda hot in here now, isn't it, Aqualad?"Jaime said with a small smile on his face. He knew that Kaldur was super sensitive to heat, and he saw his face sweating at the moment, plus the added anger and the heat slowly radiating from Helessi's hands? He was on fire. She was totally unconscious of how hot she was making the room just by getting angry, and Kaldur had to walk out.
The whole atmosphere changed, the AC was blowing again, and that's when Helessi and everyone else in the room realized that she managed to change the temperature.

"Are you still okay?" She asked. Jaime had a small smirk on his face. He knew exactly what he wanted.

"Well, yeah, but I would be better if..."

"If what?"
"If I get a kiss... maybe on the cheek or lips, it doesn't matter." He shrugged as if he didn't care.

Jaime was expecting a kiss on the cheek when he tasted vanilla on his lips. She kissed him.

He didn't actually expect her to go through with it.

Then hey both heard a camera click, and saw a flash. The Mexican boy and the Dominican girl looked forward to see Shayeris taking a picture.

She sent it to someone, and the next thing you know they heard squealing from the hallway and a green female alien flied it.

"I've got it!" M'gann yelled.

"The ship name is Jailessi! On the battlefield it's Blueferno!" Makari shook his head and went to the kitchen.

"I need a platano."