Canada

(Y/n) looked at the wall in front of her with a stoic expression. Everyday she lives like this, in so much misery and sorrow that nothing brings joy to her life anymore. All because of that tragedy that ended her happy and colorful life.

▪_flashback_▪

(Y/n) entered the office with a happy smile on her face. Today is very good and nice day. The sun is out and bright. Her four year long boyfriend and soulmate, Matthew, made delicious pancakes this morning. Nothing can ruin her day.

She stared out the window while on break and having her lunch. Her smile never altered into a frown even if a co-worker insulted her. Nothing ruined her day.

That is until her vision started to blur and alter itself. She started to wobble in her seat quite confused as to what is happening. She rubbed her eyes and the bridge of her nose for a few moments. When she opened her eyes, it horrified her.

Everything was back to black, white, and gray. Her eyes started to slightly tear up as she looked at the palm of her hands with so much shock it paralyzed her.

You gain your colors when you meet and lock lips with your soulmate. If the color fades back to its dead and boring black, white, and gray, it means that your soulmate has died.

"Matthew died," she asked herself in such a hushed voice that she barely even heard what she said to herself.

The thought sank into her with so much pain. Matthew is now non-existent. He is gone from this world and it can't be undone.

_End of flashback_▪

(Y/n) sighed and got up from her spot on the bed and looked at herself in the mirror. So lifeless and stoic. So colorless that it is horrible to even look at. The colorless scenery haunted her knowing that everyday when she wakes up, she is going to have to deal with the fact that Matthew is no longer by her side. He can't cheer her up when she is down. He can't make her his delicious pancakes anymore. She can't talk to him anymore. She can't look at him anymore.

The thought is too much too bare that suicidal thoughts strolled in the young girl's mind. Strange enough is that when she does she feels this comforting presence that is never there.

It's quite scary to think about, but it's what she wants. It's what she needs. All that is wanted is comfort and someone to be with.

She looked up and down at her tired and slender form. (Y/n) hasn't been eating much lately after the incident and spent most of her time in bed when she is not at work.

Then a sudden spark happened it almost made her yelp in surprise.

A sudden rush of color appeared as she stared longer at the mirror. 'How is this possible?! Matthew isn't here to bring me the colors back in my life! Could it be him? Could he be the comforting presence I always feel when I'm distraught?'

"Why the sad little face? A smile always suited you more."

"What is there to smile at when the light of my life is gone?" She questioned as tears threatened to spill and cascade her rosy cheeks. The voice won't be left unrecognized.

"There are some who bring a light so great that even when they are gone, the light still remains."

"You forgot to tell my heart that I had to live without you. Now I know why loved ones tell their loved ones to be strong...because they knew one day we have to bear with your loss."

"I know, but know you have to live your life to the fullest. This is your only moment to live. We only live once."

"It is very hard to do so when you are gone." The tears started to stain (Y/n)'s rosy cheeks with the trail of tears.

"I'm not necessarily gone. I always look after you. I still do to this day. To this moment. I'm always there to comfort you when you need that. Please, for me, live the moment for me. Do it for me."

"I-I'll try, but I can tell you it will be difficult, but I won't regret anything that makes me smile." (Y/n) started to smile slightly as more colors started to show up.

"Thank you, (Y/n). I love you and I will be waiting for you when the time comes. For now, live your moment."

She nodded as her world turned back to the dark colors that it was before. Life is black and white. It's up to you to paint the colors.

•••

Not all love stays. Not all love stories have happy endings or beginnings. Anyways hoped you enjoyed. This literally took me 10-15 minutes to make which is surprising. I've never been so into making a story like this before. Also the beautiful quotes aren't mine since I found them on YouTube and let me tell you. They are beautiful. Quite a life changer. So live your life and be happy. Find what makes you happy and keep on smiling because life will stop bugging later.