{8} Wizard's Chess

Start from the beginning

"Just relax!" Hermione yelled.

"Hermione! Where are you?" Harry inquired. "Is Kira there too?"

"Yeah, we're fine," I assured him. "Now listen to her!"

"Do what I say. Trust me." Hermione also said. Harry fell down and joined us a second after.

Ron screamed, "Harry! Harry!"

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked him.

Harry stood up, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

"Help!" Ron continued to shout.

"He's not relaxing, is he?" Hermione questioned.

"Doesn't seem like it." I replied crossing my arms over my chest.

Ron continued calling out for help as Hermione said, "We've got to do something!"

"What?" Harry asked her.

"Uh! I remember reading something in Herbology," Hermione started thinking, "Um Devil's Snare, Devil's Scare," Suddenly, Ron's screams were muffled, "It's deadly fun...but will sulk in the sun! That's it! Devil's Snare hates sunlight," She exclaimed. She got out her wand and pointed it at the Devil's Snare, "Lumus Solem!" A beam of light shot out of her wand and hit the plant. It shrieked as Ron fell to the ground with a scream.

Harry crouched down to look at him, "Ron, are you okay?"

"Yeah." Ron said.

"Okay." Harry helped him up.

Ron was finally standing on his own two feet, "Whew. Lucky we didn't panic!"

I facepalmed, "You've got to be kidding me."

"Lucky Hermione pays attention in Herbology." Harry corrected him. The four of us suddenly heard a sound.

"What is that?" Hermione inquired.

"I don't know," Harry looked back at the three of us, "Sounds like wings." We opened the door and walked inside of the room. We walked further in to see strange birds.

"Curious. I've never seen birds like these." Hermione stated.

"They're not birds, they're keys," Harry told us. He was right. Upon further inspection, they were keys with wings. Since when did keys have wings? "And I'll bet one of them fits that door." There was a broom floating in front of us.

Hermione had a look on confusion on her face, "What's this all about?"

Harry shook his head, "I don't know."

Ron walked over to the door, with Hermione and I following, and he aimed his wand at the lock, "Alohomora," He fiddled around with the lock, but it didn't unlock. Ron shrugged, "Well, it was worth a try."

Hermione groaned in frustration, "What're we going to do? There must be 1000 keys up there!"

I shrugged, "Well, we could just live here now. I got nowhere else to be. It might even be fun," Hermione shook her head at me, "Don't say I didn't try to think of something."