{8} Wizard's Chess

Start from the beginning

" Wait a minute..," Ron trailed off. "He's..." Air hit us and it ended up blowing the cloak off of us.

"Snoring," Harry continued. I looked over to see that the harp was playing by itself. "Snape's already been here. He's put a spell on the harp." We slowly approached the dog.

Ron groaned as Fluffy breathed out again, "It's got horrible breath!" I almost gagged because of how bad it smelled, but I refrained from doing so.

"We have to move its paw." Harry took a step closer to it.

I looked at him in shock, "You can't be serious."

"Come on," The four of us grabbed the paw, "Okay. Push," As we pushed the claw away from the trap door, the sharp claws made sounds when they scraped across the wood. We had trouble moving the paw, but we finally managed to do it. We opened the trap door and we stared odwn into it. Harry spoke, quietly, "I'll go first. Don't follow until I give you a sign. If something bad happens, get yourselves out..." Harry trailed off.

I noticed something, "Uh, hey, guys... Does it seem a little too quiet to you?"

Hermione looked over her shoulder at the harp, "The harp. It stopped playing."

Ron groaned from disgust and I looked over at him to see drool had hit his shoulder, "Yuck! Ugh." We all looked up slowly and were met with the three heads of Fluffy. He growled at us.

"Jump!" Harry yelled, jumping inside. I went after and Hermione and Ron followed. We landed in some mushy black vines. They looked like ropes almost, but they didn't feel like it. It ended up softening our fall which is a good thing. I didn't feel like dying today.

I looked up at Fluffy, "Ah-ha! Take that, sucker!"

Hermione rolled her eyes at me, "Don't taunt him, Kira Emmeline Taylor!" She sounded exactly like my mom.

Ron looked at me in confusion, "Your middle name is Emmeline?" I sighed and nodded. Ron looked at the plant-thingy, "Whoa. Lucky this plant-thing is here, really."

The plants started to move and Harry exclaimed loudly, "Whoa!" The plants started to wrap around us and tie us up.

I looked up at the roof, "I'm starting to think this is worse than getting mauled by a three-headed dog," I thought about it, but then shook my head, "Nope. The dog is worse. This just sucks."

"Stop moving, the three of you," I looked over at Hermione to see her completely calm. The boys weren't listening though and I decided to trust her. She was my best friend after all, she would never tell me to do something if she knew it would get us killed, "This is Devil's Snare. You have to relax. If you don't, it will only kill you faster." I immediately relaxed and closed my eyes like I was going to sleep.

"Kill us faster?" Ron shouted, "Oh, now I can relax!" I suddenly feel myself start to fall and I land on the hard ground.

I winced, "Ouch... That hurt," Hermione fell a second after I did. Her and I shared a small smile, "I could've done with a softer landing."

"Hermione! Kira!" I heard both of the boys shout.

"Now what are we gonna do?" Ron questioned. I stood up and I could tell that he was still struggling.