Part 2 A Fresh Start | Edited

Start from the beginning

The hat, after being drawn out of the chest, heavily yawned, bewitched to have its own mind and voice as it roared "What is it now?! Who awakens my slumber so soon?" - it suddenly took notice of you "Oo, who is the appealing lady?"

"Charming as always" - Dumbledore grinned, carefully lowering the hat on top of your head.

"Mm" - it murmured as soon as it landed "I like mexican food too!" - the hat laughed then quickly stopped "I'm just kidding!" - it groaned "I don't know how to eat. I can sing though, you want to hear it?"

Headmaster Armando looked apologetic "That won't be necessary." - He clapped his hands together, bringing his palms closer to his nose as if embarrassed "Would you, please, get on with the matter?"

The hat sighed "Fine." - it whispered only loud enough for you to hear "Old men. Clearly never seen the constant darkness of an interior chest before." - the silly titfer scoffed "Yes. Hm. I see." - it paused, as if suddenly thinking "You're talented for your age. You're brave but you don't think you are... I sense ambition... You are determined for something... yes, I see... You'd make an excellent Gryffindor but I can sense very strong Slytherin attributes in you... Ravenclaw? You want to be in Ravenclaw?"

You were only thinking about how headmaster Dippet had stated you'd make a great Ravenclaw, but you never directly asked to be in it

"Hmm..." - it continued, taking longer than it usually would when sorting "Might as well sort you in Hufflepuff, eh?" - it laughed teasingly "Alright, alright." - it coughed, halting the slight chortle "I'll have to go with... Gryffindor!"

------ Quick Author's note ----
I wrote the MC in Gryffindor because it's important to the PLOT. I had to address this after all the ridiculous Gryffindor hate. Authors shouldn't get complains for choosing what house to write about. If anything, you are encouraged to write your own fanfic and insert whatever house you want to write about. Love you
--------*smoke bomb*-------

"Well done" - Armando replied, appearing pleased "Albus Dumbledore is the head of Gryffindor. He will aid you if necessary"

"I'll remember that, professor" - you replied as Albus moved the hat off your head

Once Dumbledore placed it back in its chest, the hat spoke "Even though you're sorted, be a Gryffindor at heart, Hufflepuff at soul, Ravenclaw at mind and Slytherin at strength."

"Wise words indeed." - Dumbledore added as he closed the chest "Now back to sleep off you go"

Armando's attention shifted back to you "Albus will also be your transfiguration teacher"

You respectfully smiled at Dumbledore "I look forward to it"

"I can tell you will be a promising student" - Albus nodded his head

"Now." - Dippet intervened "My trustworthy caretaker Apollyon Pringle shall lead you to one of my loyal house elves who has been in charge of uniforms." - he pointed at the freshly entered caretaker who scornfully glared at you. "We will see you soon, make yourself at home."

"I will, Thank you." You replied, following the caretaker out of the office and leaving both of the professors alone to work.

The idea of a second hand uniform did not appeal very much, but you had to get one quickly.

After navigating through hallway after hallway, without making any effort in small talk, the caretaker stopped near what appeared to be a storage room at the bottom floor of Hogwarts "Here we are" - he finally said, opening up a large, wooden door.

Inside, you were greeted by the smell of fabric as your eyes jumped around the robes floating in mid air, as if hung on invisible hangers. In the middle of the room sat a lonely elf, focused on adjusting a Ravenclaw skirt.