Chapter 7 A "slight" Complication

After bording the ship everyone got seated. This ship was newer then the other one and was much nicer. After everyone was sat down a voice came through the speaker informing them that the ship would launch in five minutes. The take off didn't scare Skarlet as much this time and Lana seemed to be doing ok.

After the launch and the ship was finaly steady people began leaving their seats. This ship was Defenetly bigger then the last one. This ship was ment for cargo so no one was surprised at the size of it. Skarlet left Lana and the others to take a look around. The ceiling of the seating area was a giant window and had a great view of the stars. There were two bunk rooms and two bathrooms. There was a small kitchen but no dinning room so they would have to eat in the seating room or in the bunk rooms.
"Hopefully with all this space no one will start going crazy." Skarlet thought to herself.

Going to her bunk Skarlet found the others all in the same arrangement as on the station: Skarlet and Lana in the middle, Jarame and tony on the left and Maria and Clouse on the right. The bunk rooms had windows in the ceiling too but they were very small and they were closed with metal shutters. Skarlet went up to her bunk planing to get some sleep because she was tired from the long day they had. Alot of the other passangers were going to sleep too so she figured it was fine.

After about a week things were still going fine. The few adults who had been sent with them to keep the ship on track and to keep the passengers from doing anything they shouldn't were able to do their job easily. The only one who tried to make any trouble was Jonathin. He was now under very close supervision. Skarlet's group of friends had spent most of their time playing games and trying to stay enterained.

Skarlet had just finished eatting her dinner and came to sit with lana and the others in the bunk room. They were playing another card game. It was evident that they were starting to get bored of the same old things but their wasn't much else for them to do. After playing a few rounds with the group Skarlet yawned and decided that sleep would probably be better than sitting through another game. So she retired to her bunk, shutting her eyes hand hoping to get a full nights sleep through the humming of the ship engines.

______________

Skarlet woke to being shook and assumed it was Lana just trying to wake her up. But she soon realized it wasn't just Lana shaking her; the whole ship was shaking. When she finaly realized what was going on and sat up looking around the room, she could hear people yelling and see them running from the room. Lana was rushing around the room waking other s and telling them to go to their seats in the main room. Skarlet hurriedly put on her shoes and jackets, not understanding what was happening.

"Skarlet we have to get to our seats!" Lana yelled over the ever increasing shaking of the ship, pulling Skarlet from the room.

"What's going on!?" Skarlet asked.

"I don't know. Someone said something about a sort if black hole. I don't know." Lana answered as they sat down in their seats straping themselves in.

Skarlet looked around the room as all the terrified people around her. They were all looking above them. She followed their gaze to the glass ceiling. Through the galss she could see a black mass. It was a black hole amd it was pulling them in.

"Oh my god...we're gonna die." Lana said beside her.

Skarlet looked down to see her friend pale as a ghost and eyes wide as she stared at the black hole. She did the only thing she could think to do. She grabbed Lana's hand and squeezed firmly.

"We're gonna be ok." Skarlet said shakily. She didn't think she could have even convinced herself of that.

She was Shaking and her heart was racing. Looking round people were screaming and crying, some with ther heads in their hands, others still looking up at the hole above them. Skarlet spotted Jonathin across the room from her. He looked like he was going to throw up. She wanted to say something to him too, she wanted comfort him in some way. But the closer they got to the hole the louder the shaking became and the more presure she could feel in her head until it was hurting her ears and giving her a horribke head ache. Even if they could have stopped the ship it was already too late. Skarlets last thoughts before they were engulfed in the darkness of the black hole was of her family. She felt a tear run down her cheek as she realized she would never see them again. Remembering their smiling faces as if her life were flashing befoee her eyes. Skarlet felt Lana squeez her hand tighter as they waited for death to come.