Chapter 17

"Are you planning to take off my hand from my body?" Shivaay asked as Annika was continuously moving here and there to find something to take off the handcuffs.

"Well if you are hurting so much, maybe you can come and help me find a way to take these off our hands." She replied raising her hand with the handcuff.

"Why should I do that? I am perfectly fine with these on." Said Shivaay smiling.

Both were still drunk and although Annika didn't want to admit, but she was also happy being near Shivaay. She just didn't want him to know.

"I know that you don't want to take these off either. You can't lie to me Annika." Shivaay said and Annika nearly jumped. "Relax I can't read your mind. Just your eyes." He said defensively.

"Annika. Why did you leave me?" he asked all of a sudden, his eyes dead serious.

"If I remember I left a note for you."

"I know. But I want to know the real reason." He knew that whatever she wrote in that letter was not the real reason why she left him. He just wanted to know why she did that. Annika tried to ignore him, but he placed his hand on her face and made her look at him. "Please. I just want to know why?"

Annika sighed. She knew she couldn't get out of this situation without answering his question. She just didn't want him to think anything bad about his mother. She took in a deep breath, "Because of your mom." She said closing her eyes. She didn't want to see him in more pain than he was already in.

"Look at me Annika."

"I can't." she said tightly closing her eyes.

"It's fine just look at me." Slowly she opened her eyes. Hurt was clearly visible in his eyes.

"You should have left me a long time back Annika." He finally said. "You are someone who deserved happiness in each second not a monster like me." He said tears silently making their way down his face.

"You are not a monster Shivaay." She said taking his face in her hands and wiping his tears. "But you did hurt me. Your lineage ideology, I can never fulfill that. I want to be with you, I just don't know if I can fulfill that."

"I know you don't think like that anymore." She added.

"I love you!" he said shocking her. "I know its late, but I love you Annika, with all my heart and soul."

She took a step back not being able to believe what she heard just a moment ago. "You don't love me Shivaay. There is no love without trust."

"You're right. This time I do trust you." She already knew that but still wanted him to say that. "This is me Annika, standing in front of you in my most vulnerable form, hurting as hell, crying like a baby. I trust you with my weakest form."

Annika hugged him tightly, "And I trust you with mine. But it's too late."

Shivaay broke the hug and looked at her. Her eyes filled with tears and pain that broke his heart.

"What have I done to you Annika?" he was not able to see the person he loved hurting like that and it was all his fault.

"Why did you take that bullet?"

"To save you." He was confused. Why is she asking about that now?

"Yes, but why?" she asked.

"Because I love you." He answered looking deep in her eyes.

"You were almost dead. You have no idea what I went through seeing you almost lifeless." She said.

"I am sorry for that. I really am. But why are asking about that now?"

"Because I kill everyone. I lose anyone I love and care about. Do you think that I can lose you? I'll die if something happens to you." She confessed.

"And do you think I can't die in a car crash or anything like that. Annika it's just a fear of your mind. I am not going anywhere. Since you left I am not living anyways." He said crying holding her forehead with his. "Do you know how much I regretted not telling you that I love you. Not holding you in my arms, not kissing you when you were there with me. Do you have any idea how much I cursed myself for letting you go. I never thought I could see you again and that thought ate me inside out."

"Do it then."

"Do what?"

"Kiss me."

Hey guys! I am back with another update that too sooner than I thought. So tell me what do you think? Vote and comment if you like it.

ALSO I want to ask a question about this handcuff situation. Do you want shivika only or any other couple during this phase. Tell me and I'll be happy to write and if not then I'll take the story forward. Do tell me so that I can work on it. See you next time with another update:)