Chapter 2

I sighed and moved my hand from his head laying it on the armrest and closing my eyes. I knew it all along but it still sucked to practically hear him tell me it.

"Mmmh don't stop." He mumbled reaching out and putting my hand back in his hair. I began running my finger through his hair again, gently massaging his scalp as I went, it almost always put him to sleep and sure enough before long his breathing had deepened and he was fast asleep. I took the chance to admire him, he was so handsome no wonder all the girls seemed to trip over themselves trying to get his attention. He had longish light brown hair with natural streaks of blonde in it which had gotten quite long and honestly needed a trim as it had begun to fall into his eyes, ah his eyes he had gorgeous dark blue eyes, which wasn't surprising seeing as almost all his family on his dads side had blue eyes, bloody Europeans and their pretty eyes, but they also had these little grey flecks in them which I'm assuming came from his mother's side since she had steely grey eyes. However apart from the grey flecks in his eyes and the colour of his hair he got all of his looks from his dad, from his straight nose and lean build to the single dimple in his right cheek.

Pulling my eyes away from him I glanced around his living room, it was just the two of us here at his house, his mom and dad had taken his younger sister Ashleigh to a birthday party for the afternoon. I loved this room, there were pictures everywhere many of the two of us, one in particular caught my eye and made me smile. It was Matt and I fast asleep on a blanket outside in his garden our heads were close together and we were holding hands. I remember that day clearly even though it was almost ten years ago; it was the day I met Matthew.

*Flashback*

"Come on Alex, it's time to go." My mother called up the stairs

"Coming Mommy." I replied looking at myself again in the mirror, I had put my curly hair into pigtails and was wearing my favourite t-shirt; it was light blue and had snoopy on it. Pleased with myself I began bounding down the stairs, I was so excited, we were meeting our new neighbours today and mummy had told me that they had a little boy my age. I didn't have any friends really, since we hadn't been here that long and I hadn't started school yet. I hoped he was nice and not smelly and mean like the boys at my old school.

"I'm ready mommy." I said looking up at her and grinning, "Can we go now pleeeaaaseee." I begged did I already say I was excited? Well I am really really excited.

"Okay Alex come on, Daddy's already gone over to help get the barbeque ready." We were quiet as we walked over next door, it wasn't very far and I was practically vibrating with excitement. When we got to the door mommy knocked and a very pretty lady with a big tummy opened it.

"Hello, I'm Victoria, you must be Chelsea." She said shaking my mommy's hand and smiling. Then she looked down at me, "Oh and who is this pretty little girl?" she asked.

"I'm Alex, well actually my name is Alexandra but everyone calls me Alex so you can to, your very pretty, why is your tummy so big?" I asked all in one breath.

"Alex!" My mommy said in her 'that wasn't nice' voice. She looked up and Victoria "I'm sorry, she's quite a little chatterbox she didn't mean to be rude." Hmph I wasn't a chatterbox and I wasn't being rude I just wanted to know why she had a big tummy.

"No no it's ok she's just curious." She said to my mummy, I liked this lady very much now, and then she looked down at me "My tummy is so big because I'm going to have a baby."

"Ohhh okay, can I meet the little boy now mummy?" I asked looking up at her. Both my mummy and the lady laughed and then we followed her into the house.

Inside my daddy and a tall man with pretty eyes were talking and they smiled when they saw us. "Chelsea, Alex this is Chance." He said, my mummy shook his hand and then he bent down so he was almost my height, "Hello Alex how are you?" he asked me, he spoke kind of funny, but not in a bad way.

"I'm very good thank you..." I paused not sure what to call him

"You can call me uncle Chance and you can call her aunty Vicky." He said and I smiled

"Okay uncle Chance, you have very pretty eyes and you talk kinda funny, can I see your son now please?" I asked, he laughed, why does everyone always laugh at me? "Of course you can Matt's out in the garden, go through that door. Oh and I talk funny because I'm from England." He said smiling and standing up. He was from England? That's cool, that's where the queen is.

"I'm going outside mommy!" I shouted already running to the door.

Outside was nice and sunny and their garden was really pretty with lots of flowers. And there over by the play set was a boy.

"Hi!" I said running up to him.

He looked up at me "Hello, I'm Matthew who are you?" he said

"I'm Alexandra but everyone calls me Alex, I live next door, how old are you? Do you want to be my friend?" I asked, he looked like a nice boy and he didn't smell, mummy said he was my age - seven - but I wanted to check anyways because he was taller than me by a whole finger. He talked funny like his daddy and had the same pretty blue eyes but with another colour in them too.

"I'm seven and no I don't want to be you friend, you're a girl oh an Alex is a boy's name." He was so mean, I crossed my arms like mommy did when she was angry. And then I did something I knew I would probably get in trouble for, I pushed him down.

"Alex is not a stupid name and anyways it's just a nickname, your just jealous you don't have one, and not being my friend 'cause I'm a girl is silly and mean!" I shouted at him and then ran to the other side of the garden sitting down by a big tree. I sniffled and tried to stop crying, now I was being silly, I shouldn't cry over a stupid boy.

"Uhmm Alexandra?" I looked up to see Matthew looking very upset, "I'm sorry, I didn't want you to cry, I will be your friend if you want me to." I looked up at him.

"Even if I'm a girl?" I asked wiping tears off my cheeks.

"Yeah, I don't really mind, you're strong for a girl anyways." He said smiling

"Okay!" I jumped up grinning, "So what do you want to do?"

We spent the whole day playing in his garden, on the swings and slides, and we ate lunch and his mommy put a blanket down for us to sit on and he told me all about England and I even gave him his very own nickname - Matt - then we held pinkie fingers and he promised to be my bestest friend forever and ever.

*Flashback over*

I smiled as I felt Matt move around, he was probably waking up