Chapter 27

Third pov

A year went by and Karayan was winning the war. Lives were lost day after day especially in the supernatural world. The moment someone found happiness it was taken from them by Karayan's knew weapon. Libitina. She was ruthless and showed no mercy to those she saw fit, she was powerful, more than Karayan had imagined and he had won every battle with her by his side. He tried for her affection but it wasn't working. Karayan realised that as long as Daniel was alive there was a chance that she'd still love him, reborn or not.

Knowing this he hunted down the Rogers family tearing apart their pack until less than one hundred remained and went into hiding, them included. Daniel had outsmarted Karayan making him believe that he had actually succeeded in killing them off but he hadn't. They stayed underground, changing their appearance every month to something new as they moved all around the place making sure never to visit the same place twice with the same look.

In that year Reuben and Ophelia had marked each other and gotten married even if they didn't need to. On July 15, Ophelia gave birth to a baby girl. The girl had red hair and two colored eyes. This made her look stunning and adorable to everyone who saw her, humans included. Though Kaleb and Sarah were married they decided they weren't ready to be parents yet, and chose to wait a while longer. Though that never stopped them from their activities.

Adriana and Damon chose not to get married. Damon wasn't keen on the church thing and simply marked her twice while also giving her another necklace. Adriana was fearful of being a mother and understanding that fear Damon chose to hold off on having children. Daniel was a wreck, though he was supportive towards his family and helped the Humans every change he got while laying low he still looked ready to give up on life. His parents had died in the massacre defending the children but in the end they all died holding onto each other, his mother with a smile on her face to reassure the children one last time.

Jeff and Cole had died the following week, using themselves as decoys so the women and children could escape from the 'lost' -as the world now called them- clutches. Majority escaped killing only twenty tops, Jeff and Cole included.

Kyle had died two months after they went into hiding, they had found him, luckily Sarah was out with Kaleb that day, unluckily, Terrance was with him at the time with his mate. The house was blown to smithereens. The week following was hard for Sarah, she was struggling with the loss of her father so soon that she almost gave their location away. She had to be knocked out in order to be taken to a supernatural hideout since Karayan was getting too close.

The fairies had the most survivors out of all the supernaturals beings  because of their small size, allowing them to hide amongst the trees or in plain sight with being able to change their appearance as second nature. The fairies were a great help when it came to healing both human and supernatural creatures and that was the main reason most of them had survived. Karayan knew this but he had no way of capturing the fairies or any whereabouts of where they could possibly be hiding. Libitina had no idea as well nor did she care about the lives of the fairies.

To her they were insignificant creatures that could bring her no harm. Karayan however thought differently, fairies have elemental magic yes, but they are and have just as much light magic as the angels do, maybe even more because when a fairy dies they turn into light and either illumate the surrounding where they die or give their light to another creature. He believed that they might have the means to kill his subordinates but no one was powerful enough to kill him and Libitina...or so he thought.

Marlene pov

"How is the staff coming along?" I asked as I flew through the trees "If we keep going at this rate early next year." I sighed at the response "I see...show me." He nodded and I followed him into the biggest tree. We entered through a branch hole in the tree then began our decent to the roots. When I saw the spear it was stuck to the top of one of the longest roots hidden in plain sight. I smiled and began to help power it. I was no longer at full strength the moment Jade and my other sides had officially disappeared. I knew she was reborn into someone else that held all our power except for mine.

That didn't mean I wasn't powerful, it meant that my magic could possibly be the only way to stop Karayan and his weapon. Thinking this maybe Daniel's power can help as well hence why I had him come to us. I just had to wait until they arrived. "My queen, they've arrived." One of my guards spoke. "I see, where are they?" I asked "heading to the cottage by the lake." I nodded thanking the fairy and going off to find piece of my family.

Once I caught up to them I used a tree root to hold onto Daniel's feet stopping him from moving. "Daniel, may I speak with you?" I asked getting a nod in return. We walked away from everyone else and I made sure no one was near us. "I think I know a way to defeat Karayan's weapon once and for all." I spoke up. His eyes widened "Really that's great....but what's the catch?" He asked I sighed. "I will give every ounce of my magic to the dagger but you might have to be the one who kills the weapon...whether it looks like Jade or not. If you don't do it, there's a high chance it won't work." Daniel sighed pinching the bridge between his nose.

I placed my hand on his forehead and gave him a bit of my magic. "The moment all of my magic disappears then you'll know that the dagger is ready but for now, it's a work in progress and takes up lots of our magic. It's honestly a  miracle that Karayan hasn't found us yet." I explained. He nodded "Thank you, for everything." He told me. "Daniel. I suggest you get some sleep. If you're exhausted so is your fairy half. Just as Jade is gone so it my ability to shapeshift." I explained. He nodded "I'll take your offer on that." With that he left heading to the cottage by the lake that we allowed them to get away from the chaos outside the woods for a while.