𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭. [ ☼ ] [ ☆ ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

[ 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐍𝐎 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐍𝐎 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐗, 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘. ]

+ includes popsicles, making out, and waffle house

WORD COUNT: 1,903.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

thunder bashed against the walls at a suffocating volume, so overwhelming that you could hear the sound of clamoring vases and jewelry shuddering in a symphony of whimsical chimes.

the howl of a thunderstorm did nothing to derail your focus from the comic book pages glistening with heroic blue and daring crimson. shimmering enchantment unmatched by even the most precious diamonds gave your eyes a whole new meaning whenever you read about superheroes.

you sat on a wooden dresser with your legs swinging over its edge as you buried yourself in the heroic tales belonging to another dimension you wished to visit. the firecracker popsicle in your hand had kept your mouth preoccupied, the color of your lips relative to that of a ripe cherry.

the only reason you were wearing harry's shirt was because your clothes were wadded up in a bundle on the floor downstairs by the laundry room, having been soaked by the unrelenting downpour of rain hissing from outside.

you had just flipped to page thirty-two when the bathroom door opened. your gaze never strayed from your book.

the sight of you took a toll on his exhausted heart and he absolutely loathed the impact you had on him just by existing.

it wasn't supposed to be that way. it was never supposed to be like that. you weren't even supposed to be in his house.

but there you were.

he wished he was disappointed.

"you know there's a tv in here," he spoke which provoked you to make eye contact with him, "and you choose to read instead?"

you deposited a glance to the flat screen hanging from the wall across the room, as if you had just noticed it.

"probably wouldn't be able to hear it anyway." you responded.

"why do you say that?"

"just wait a few seconds."

silence wasn't supposed to be so loud but when it was spent with him watching you he could feel the noise pound against his ears.

your heart fluttered with anticipation when the sound of his feet sinking into the carpet increased in volume.

you looked up and he was really close and that gave you a spectacular view of his eyes and you could barely handle it.

those beautiful eyes had your stomach performing impressive somersaults, something it had never done before you met him.

"you prefer reading over television?" he asked you.

"i prefer comics."

"that's it?"

you nodded. "that's it."

he would've spoken if the storm wild and angry roaring outside hadn't beat him to it. thunder shook the house and quivering objects giggled in response.