A Trollhunters Inheritance

So I was asked to post a chapter of the three published chapters of Laura's story on here since not everyone uses AO3

So have three full chapters of the Lake-Nuñez family and their newest member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Birth Of A Hero

"Master Jim hasn't called in a while." Blinky muttered as he stared at the phone that was lying in front of him on the stone table and looked to Aaarrrggh. "I do hope nothing has happened to Claire or their unborn welp."

"Scared, for them." Aaarrrggh said sadly as he laid his chin down on the table.

"Have faith old friend, Claire's a strong girl. She'll pull through." Blinky assured his friend and reached across the table to pat his shoulder. "Remember how we all were terrified for Nomura when she had her first welp?"

Aaarrrggh nodded, remembering how Draal had been pacing in the Forge and nearly fainted when he heard the news. They had all been anxious about whether or not the changeling made it through the birth, and all of that fear faded away when Nomura emerged from the birthing cave with a little pink welp in her arms, squirming and whining loudly.

"And not only that, but she's being assisted in this birth by Barbara! An excellent doctor who will bring her new grandchild into the world!" Blinky added with a smile before checking the small mobile device. "Should we send a message to them?"

"Yes." Aaarrrggh replied as his friend scooped up his phone and sent a swift text to both Jim, Toby and Strickler, who had been the one to inform them that they were all at the hospital.

[Blinky]: Any news yet on Claire?

Almost immediately a message from Toby popped up.

[Tobias]: we just got news from Dr. Lake
It's a girl!
OMG she's got such tiny hands!
And her hair looks so soft!
She looks like a mini Claire!
A photo had followed the last message to show them a tiny human infant swaddled in a pastel pink blanket with a lot dark brown hair on its head and being held by a tired looking Claire and Jim standing at her side wearing hospital scrubs and a wide smile.

"Aaarrrggh look at her! Oh and Tobias said her name is...Laura Barbara Lake! A lovely name!" Blinky exclaimed, showing his friend the photograph. The larger troll squinted to look at the screen properly.

"Tiny, very tiny." He commented and Blinky grinned.

"But not for long! In a few months she'll grow and soon be walking, running, babbling, oh perhaps we can finally start teaching her about troll lore!"

"Blinkous!" The two trolls turned to see Draal walk into the library with an anxious look on his face. "Any...any news on the Trollhunter's child?" He asked and Blinky nodded happily.

"A little girl! And she's quite close in age to your own welp!"

A few weeks earlier Nomura gave birth to a very small welp, a boy, Draal had named Agate. The little welp was so small no one was sure if he would survive to adulthood or be strong enough to defend himself when he reached that age, but Draal had been determined to prove their people wrong about his son and so far, the little welp was still alive.

"Then perhaps the Trollhunter's welp will consider being friends with mine." Draal replied with a small shrug. "I'm surprised that this happened today, didn't they say they were expecting her in two weeks?"

"Well from what master Jim's mother told me, sometimes the welps are born a bit earlier than expected." Blinky explained and held up a small white book from a nearby table. "Sometimes the females are in labor for hours at a time, and poor Claire nearly gave birth to her during their ceremony."