Chapter 9 - I love you's and Mic packs

Start from the beginning

Cecilie quickly shooed the manager off by saying things like, "Leave her alone, Gabriel chose her for a reason," and "My God! You're so untrusting!" When the manager had finally left, she turned to Marinette. "I am so sorry about her, she's so stuck up and can't see anything past her papers." She held out her hand to Marinette to shake it. "Hey there! I'm Cecilie and I'll be your tour guide here at the Gabriel brand photo shoot!" Marinette shook her hand and they both laughed before they took the 'grand tour' as Cecilie had called it, of the tent.

Adrien felt people poking and prodding at him trying to make sure he looked natural by covering him in product. He let his mind wander as he mindlessly followed commands stated by the makeup artists. He found his mind had found itself to Marinette. He wished she was with him right then and there. It would make everything so much brighter and happier. He felt that she could just light up a room just by walking into it, and she certainly could light up his heart. As he turned his head in many different ways, he just wished that he could talk to her.

Finally, it was time for Adrien to find his way over to the costumers' tent to get his clothes fitted onto him. He hoped that Marinette wouldn't be too busy to keep him company for a little while. However, to his dismay, she seemed so occupied fixing the seams on a jacket while, at the same time, organizing a rack of clothing, so she didn't even see him. He tried calling to her, but it was too loud for her to hear. He let out a sigh and held out his right arm, following the routine he went through so often. He went into auto-pilot mode and was startled when he felt someone place a quick kiss on his cheek. He shook his head and looked around to see Marinette walked away from him. She stopped for a second to turn around to him and give him a wink and the most adorable smile he had ever seen before flitting off to go take care of a jean jacket. He smiled as he watched the girl that he loved so carefully cut loose threads from a delicate jacket.

About an hour later he was standing next to the river bed while holding some pose that the photographer had carefully placed him in. Occasionally Marinette would come by to drop off a piece of clothing for him to change into and whenever she did he would smile for real, something the photographer seemed to love. Finally, at 3:00 pm, the photo shoot was over and he was able to change back into his normal clothes while Marinette changed as well for her interview.

Marinette nervously looked at herself in the mirror, her mind rushing with worries of all types.

What if they brought up Adrien and their relationship? Surely she couldn't mention that they had been catching glanced and stealing kisses in the rain. That would destroy his career!

What if she fell on stage, or forgot what to say, or stutters? What if she said something totally embarrassing and ruined the entire Gabriel brand?

What if Chat was watching the interview? What if she saw the dress she was wearing? The dress he had taken such an interest.

She looked down at the midnight-blue dress that she had designed herself. She had finished the detailing on it and had added a small amount of fluff on the ends of the sleeves and on the bottom, making it look like a princess dress. She was told to dress formally, and this was the only one of her formal designs that had been completed.

What if-

Her worrying was cut short by a knock on her dressing room door. "Can I come in?" Adrien's voice asked. Marinette took a deep breath and called out back that he could.

Adrien opened the door cautiously, making sure she was fully clothed before entering. He was still a gentleman, after all. Once he stepped in and closed the door behind him, his jaw dropped in awe and shock. He racked his brain for the words to describe how beautiful she was.