chapter two

It's been a year and it's safe to say that Valentine has gotten so much better while I've been around. I love this kid so much, I don't know what I'd do if I lost her. 

Actually I do. I'll be decommissioned, deactivated, and replaced with a newer, cooler version of me. Cool? Wait, no no, I mean better. I'm not supposed to think of a newer version of me as 'cool'. It's not in my programming. 

^Software Instability^

I walk to Valentine's room, I see her still resting peacefully. I smile softly and gently place my hand on her shoulder, shaking her a bit I say "Valentine. Valentine, sweetie, it's time to get up." I say in a soft tone. She flutters her eyes open, and smiles a bit "Okay.." she mumbled. I take a step back and she sits up in her bed. "I'll be downstairs preparing breakfast. Get ready for school," I say and smile, before exiting her room.

I head to the kitchen and start making eggs and bacon, Valentine's favorite. But before that I play music off the radio. Humming along I crack the eggs over the pan. 

Before long I finished cooking and placed the plate of food in front of Valentine. I place the pan in the sink and grab the sponge, cleaning the dirty pan. There was silence for a good amount of time, before Valentine broke it.

"Hey Kan.." She started, "Yes Valentine?" I respond.

She took a deep breath, I glanced over my shoulder and scanned her. Her heart rate began slowly speeding up. "Just a, random scenario..S-say you have just fallen for someone who you know won't return your feelings.." she paused, "How--How would you deal with the situation..?" she asked.

I placed my attention back to the dishes, and froze for a second. Before continuing what I had been doing. "I'm sorry Valentine, I don't have an answer for that. It's--It's not in my programming to answer such a question. Again, I'm sorry." I apologized. 

^^Software Instability^^

She sighed, "It's alright Kan. Sorry for asking..its just--" she stopped mid-sentence. "Just, what?" I asked, our of curiosity. Placing the pan in the dishwasher to dry, I took her plate and washed that as well. "It's just...there's this..girl, I like and.. a-and I know she won't like me back because I-I know she doesn't like girls...a-and that--that kills me." her voice cracked near the end.

I place the plate in the dishwasher to dry too, I use a rag to dry my hands and I walk up to Valentine. Tears threatening to spill, I placed a hand on her shoulder "You don't know that, Valentine. Love works in many different ways for humans. Maybe she'll return your feelings of affection. Tell her how you feel, and if it doesn't work out. I'll buy you all the chocolate your heart desires." I smiled. 

Valentine chuckled weakly, she threw her arms around my neck, bringing me into a hug. At first I was stiff, as I wasn't expecting it, but I hugged her back. Rubbing circles on her back, "now let's go, and see what the future holds." I speak quietly. 

"Mhm," she nods, wiping away a few tears. I grab her backpack and hand it to her, grabbing the house keys and putting them into my pocket. We left our home and walked to her high school. 

After I walked back home, I noticed two beings at the door not so far away from where I currently was. One was an android, the other was a human. I didn't expect to have visitors. Maybe I've done something wrong again.

WALK UP TO THEM

USE THE BACK DOOR