chapter twenty three

Start from the beginning

"I love you, my darling " I leave a cold peck on her forehead. I sit on a chair in front of her making sure she sleeps and wakes up well.

I don't know how or well but I start to doze off too.

*******
I wake up with a grunt and stretch my tired muscles. Strange, I'm lying on the bed. Where is emiliana?

I stand up from the bed and glance around for her until the scent of food pulls me go the kitchen.  She is working on the cooker and she seems to be struggling.  I watch her for a while before walking to her and giving her a back hug.

"good morning beautiful " I mutter in her neck and she turns around.

"breakfast is ready" she says in a sing song voice.  Her face is covered in flour.

"what did you cook? You are covered in flour" I tease cleaning her face with my thumb.

" lots, I watched lots of videos today"  she says dishing out the food.

We both sit down to eat and I take a bite to meet her staring expectantly at me.  I bite into an egg shell and a little bit too much spice.

"what is it?  It's bad isn't it. I'm sorry.  It's just that all I ever make is pancake" She apologizes quickly.

I see her index finger which she has now wrapped with a band aid.

"no, it tastes wonderful. It has a special taste" I say instead scooping food in her mouth.  She smiles excitedly and pushes more food to me and she watches me eat.

"I thought it tasted bad because of the way none of mine looked like the videos" she says still watching me eat.

I smile at her but that smile stops when I crunch on another egg shell.

My phone beeps and check who it's from.
  There is an urgent party today, you have to be home, we are not taking no for an answer---dad

I sigh in frustration and I feel Emiliana's eyes on me.

"what's wrong? " she asks concerned

"nothing " I assure her but she doesn't look convinced.

"just tell me"  she says in a persuading tone.

"my parents want to me attend a party. Don't worry, I'm not going" I say but she just purses her lips at me.

"why?  You have to go" she says with a small smile.

I stare blankly at her before she continues.

"you have to go, and I'm coming with you. You said nothing can tear us apart. Right?  Then let me come with you" she says this easily.

I smile at her before kissing her hands lightly.

After talking for a while, I return home to get dressed. While dressing, I couldn't help but wonder what mother would think if I arrived with Emiliana. I want everyone to know that she's mine.  I don't want to hide her because of my mother. I also didn't want emiliana to get in trouble with the annoying bourgeois that would attend the party. Even I can't stand their attitude.

After making sure that I look ok, I drive to emiliana's house in my black Audi. She's standing in front of the house waiting for me. My heart does a million flips when I see her. She's wearing a long shimmery gown that has a slit above her knee showing her sexy smooth legs and a pair of long heels. Her makeup is simple yet elegant.

I walk towards her and take her hands in mine.

"I made a quick trip to your stylist,  she says all this is a gift" she says as I open the door for her.

"you look stunning" I say breathless.

"you look handsome" she comments before going into the car.

The drive home isn't so long because we arrive shortly. We drive through the gates and from the soft music playing in the house, I can guess everyone is inside.  I lead her to the main door where two built men are standing. They immediately stop Emilia's from walking further.

"you can't go in miss. You have been restricted from going into this building" one says sharply not caring who is standing before him.

"by who? " I ask loudly. Emiliana's expression changes, tears welling up in her eye.

If they make her cry, I'll kill them

"I'll wait for you outside" she whispers holding my hand.

The tears drop and I feel my fist tighten.

"if you don't want to know whats worse than death, take your filthy hands off her" my voice is loud and clear.

"why are you keeping our guests waiting, Robin? " I hear a familiar voice which belonged to mother.

She arrives and gives both of us a sly smile.

"don't you know she's his assistant, now let them in"  she says quickly leading us inside.

I turn around before walking inside.
"both of you, fired" and with that, I walk inside.

Everywhere is like every other party that is thrown all the time.  Food and drinks are in essence. At the end of the day only a small amount is consumed.

"are you okay?" I ask Emilia's beside me.

"sure, I remember everyone here from the book you gave me" she says staring at everyone.

"you are one smart girl" I mutter as Amanda walks to us.

"hi,where have you been,  I have been stuck with daniel" she says giving me a smile. She gives emiliana a smile that if you blink, you would miss it.

"I think I'm early" I smile back at her. I don't blame her one bit for hating on emiliana.

"give me a second. Someone needs me to introduce myself " she walks off hurriedly the train of her dress running after her.

I bet she made her stylists make it look perfect.

I look around and see Daniel. He is standing among a crowd of people.  He tips his glass towards us. I'm not sure if it was for me or emiliana. I go for the latter.

Hearing clinking of glasses, I turn along with other people. Mom is standing there ready to make an announcement.

"I know this party was urgent but it had to be. I had to share this wonderful news with everyone here.  It makes me so happy to announce the engagement of my son, Raphael and the beautiful model, Amanda Forbes. This was decided a while ago but we just decided to tell you now,would the new couple to get married come up here" mother finishes sending emiliana and I a sly smile.

The hall erupts into loud clapping and cheering. Amanda walks up there but she doesn't look happy too.

My hand is shaking and all colour drains from my face.  I turn to look at emiliana. She doesn't try to hide the tears falling down her face.  I want to reach out and wipe it but my hands and leg wouldn't move.  I don't know if I said it out or I just thought of it in my head.

But I know I said

"I'm sorry"

Another chapter ending with "I'm sorry" what do you think of this chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Love you

Head to my social medias
Instagram : itz_zuby
Youtube: Your Cookie Girl