1

November 21st 2013

Ashley

Talkin' in my sleep at night
Makin' myself crazy
(Out of my mind, out of my mind)
Wrote it down and read it out
Hopin' it would save me
(Too many times, too many times)
My love, he makes me feel like nobody else
Nobody else
But my love, he doesn't love me
So I tell myself, I tell myself

I huffed slamming my notepad onto my writing table. Those were the only lyrics that were repeating in my head. Nothing else would come to me. I checked the time to see that it was well past 12 am and I had an interview at 7:30 in the morning.. great. Now I'd only have 6 hours of sleep.. and I need at least 9 hours to keep me from turning into a zombie witch...

I sighed before slipping into my comfy bed, closing the small lamp that sat on my side table, before dozing off into a dreamless sleep.

•••

November 22nd 2013

"Ashley Summers is in the studio with us today... how are you Ashley?" Ryan sea crest spoke as soon as the cameras and stuff started rolling.

"I'm doing good so far!" I spoke with as much as enthusiasm I had in me. And trust me, it wasn't much..

"I'm just gonna pretend that I didn't notice that you said good and not 'great' " he spoke eyeing me wearily and I giggled

"So, you have a new album coming out..." he spoke trailing off

"Yep and I'm not telling you what it's called!" I giggled and he groaned.. I laughed.

"But why? Everybody here is dying to know!" He argued and I crossed my arms over my chest playfully and I nodded my head no.

"Well okay but we do know the name of the song that's coming out on Friday?" He said and it seemed more like a question.

"Yep, it's called 'Love The Way You Lie' " I spoke perking up at the mention of something that related to my career, my music instead of my relationship.

"Yes and we cant wait to hear it! Considering the song is written for erm... Mister Cameron Dallas" Ryan spoke and sighed. Great. This is just what I was itching to talk about! Note: that was sarcasm people. Replying to Ryan's 'comment' I nervously giggled and smiled.

"How are you holding up so far?" He asked and I took a breath in and released before I could get angry at him for talking about my ex when we could be talking about my music

"I'm doing good. I mean I've seen this coming for months now. We had been fighting a lot and our relationship felt like it had lost its spark.. I think we both knew.. that it was time to end it.. so yeah" I spoke trying to not let my voice crack due to the tears I was holding back. 2 years of my life.. wasted.

"Hm.. well you're very strong for coping with a breakup like that.. I mean 2 years... that's a long time.." he spoke and I nodded.

"Well let's get on with the album and stuff!" Ryan spoke lightning the mood and I nodded smiling..

And that's basically how the interview went.. Ryan talking and asking about the album but then he'd stop in the middle and drift to the conversation of Cameron and blah blah.

I could not be happier when I changed into my night gown and laid down in my soft bed covers that night.

Suddenly a few ideas popped in my head and I quickly scrambled off of the bed - almost falling down and squishing my bum during that - and 'gracefully' walked to my writing table to find my notepad.

Once found, I started scribbling on the rest of the lyrics that had suddenly been placed in my mind.

•••