nine

⁀➷

⁀➷

There was no clear winner to the Triwizard Tournament, as a life had been taken by the Dark Lord on the night of the final task. If he closed his eyes, Harry could remember Cedric's lifeless eyes with his wand in his limp hand.

"Is Bill here?" Harry asked. "I thought he was working in Egypt."

"He applied for a desk job so he could come home and work for the Order," said Fred. "He says he misses the tombs."

"Remember old Fleur Delacour?" George asked. "She's got a job at Gringotts to eemprove 'er Eeenglish - " he mocked.

"And Paisley?" Harry asked, shocked.

"Oh, no, it's not like that," replied Fred. "Bill's comfy with Paisley - "

"Fleur just doesn't get the idea that he's taken," George said.

"Ouch," Harry replied.

"Yeah, but Charlie's in the Order too. He's still in Romania. Dumbledore wants as many foreign wizards brought in as possible, so Charlie's trying to make contacts on his days off."

"Couldn't Percy do that?" Harry asked.

"Whatever you do, don't mention Percy in front of Mum and Dad," Ron said.

"Why not?"

"Because every time Percy's name's mentioned, Dad breaks whatever he's holding and Mum starts crying," Fred replied.

"It's been awful," Ginny said.

"I think we're well shut of him," George said.

"What's happened?" Harry asked.

"Percy and Dad had a row. I've never seen Dad row with anyone like that. It's normally Mum who shouts..."

"It was the first week back after term ended," Ron said. "We were about to come and join the Order. Percy came home and told us he'd been promoted."

"You're kidding?"

"Yeah, we were all surprised because Percy got into a load of trouble about Crouch. There was an inquiry and everything. They said Percy ought to have realized Crouch was off his rocker and informed a superior. But you know Percy - Crouch left him in charge, he wasn't going to complain," George said.

"So how come they promoted him?"

"That's exactly what we wondered. He came home really pleased with himself - "

They stopped talking when they heard the door quietly close from downstairs. They tried to continue talking, but then they heard footsteps. The footsteps were coming closer until they just stopped.

They all held their breaths until -

Crack.

"HELLO!"

Everyone screamed as Paisley Apparated into the room.

She was giggling and jumping on the bed. "You lots are such fraidy cats."

The twins tackled her off the bed. Paisley screamed and fell to the floor.

"We missed you, Paisley!" the twins shouted.

"Missed you too, double trouble."