¦1¦

"And you can tell your friends and all their friends. I want the whole wide world to know, I'm gonna go big"

Lola Carter stood outside the intimidating, steel doors of Southside High with her best friend: Jughead Jones. She smirked as the wind made her newly purple hair dance around her face.

"Do you think we're ready for this?" she asked, already knowing the answer. "Definitely not" her best friend replied while walking towards the doors. She chuckled to herself as she followed closely behind.

"And I still can't believe you dyed your hair completely purple" Jughead continued with a hint of sarcasm to his voice - something she had grown accustomed to.

"Hey, you know I've always wanted to, but Riverdale High never would have let me. Somehow I don't think people here care about much, especially not hair colour" she retorted.

As they entered the hallway, they were met with a line of metal detectors. Of course. So this is the kind of school where metal detectors are needed to stop people from bringing in weapons? Just great. Lola put her bag on the table to be searched and made her way through the metal detectors.

After retrieving her bag once again, she waited for Jughead to do the same. As he walked through, a beeping noise started ringing through the halls. Lola couldn't keep in the laughter as her best friend said "It's the pins in my hat" which earned her a glare from the security guard. "Take it off. Go again" he snapped.

Luckily, this time Jughead was fine. Lola was about to tease him about it when a relatively short girl with pink hair walked towards them. "Lola Carter. Forsythe Pendleton Jones III" she said.

This is where Lola burst out laughing so hard she almost fell to her knees. She always found her best friend's real name hilarious. The pink-haired girl looked at her strange and Jughead shot her a glare. "Uh, it's Jughead actually." The girl nodded as if that seemed to make sense.

"I'm Toni Topaz. I was supposed to give you both the full animatronic tour of Southside High but some of the robots went insane and started killing the guests, so we'll just wing it." They started walking down the hall together and Lola smiled to herself. She could tell she was going to like this girl.

"The classrooms don't have Wi-Fi, the bathroom stalls don't have doors" Toni continued. Well this place sounded great. It seemed to be the epitome of the Southside though.

"What about the school paper, the Red and Black?" Jughead interjected. Trust him to ask about writing. "Yeah, it no longer exists. Censorship, budget cuts? Take your pick" Toni answered.

At this, Lola put a comforting hand on her friends shoulder. Despite making fun of him a lot, she knew how much writing meant to him. Toni, however, didn't seem to notice his sadness and continued with the so-called tour.

"To your right you'll find a glimpse of jingle-jangle being consumed in its natural habitat" she continued. Lola inwardly grimaced at the sight, knowing what it was from the idiot known as Reggie Mantle trying to sell it to her constantly. Jughead, however, didn't seem to have the pleasure of knowing about it.

"I'm sorry, jingle-jangle?" he questioned. "This place is crawling with the JJ" Toni began but was cut off by Lola. "It's a highly addictive, total gutter drug." Toni shot her a questioning luck, probably wondering how a Northsider would know about it, but continued anyway.

"Exactly. So let's not touch that." Jughead seemed to be looking on in complete wonder. "Jingle-Jangle, fascinating" he mumbled more so to himself. Lola heard this and shot him a warning glare. The last thing she needed was Jughead getting caught up in that, even if it was just writing about it. She knew all to well that the people behind it were vicious and dangerous.