¦34¦

"It's been a long day without you, my friend, and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again. We've come a long way from where we began. Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again"

Lola sat in the sheriff's station alongside Fangs. A mixture of fear and anger bubbled up inside her. What if they found a way to somehow pin it on her and Fangs? She couldn't spend the rest of her life in jail.

"You two were in Midge Klump's dressing room, doing what exactly?" Sheriff Minettta questioned. He had been crossexamining them since they had gotten there. Lola refused to speak, knowing it could be turned against her, but Fangs answered every question.

"We were just talking. I didn't kill her!" Fangs exclaimed desperately. Lola could see the determination on Sheriff Minetta's face and bit her lip in anticipation.

"Didn't you? With this knife you had? And with your help?" Minetta pressed, leaning closer to the pair. Lola glared at him, wanting nothing more than to smack the smirk off of his face. However, before she could get the chance, Sierra McCoy burst through the door, followed closely by Jughead.

Lola let out a sigh of relief at the sight of them, knowing she was going to be okay. "Don't say another word. I'll be representing Mr. Fogarty and Miss Carter from here on out. And I'd appreciate it if you'd stop harassing my clients" Sierra stated. Lola smirked at Minetta who simply glared at her.

Lola and Fangs were escorted back to their cell without another word and were left alone to talk with Jughead and Sierra. "You're being held because you were in possession of a weapon on school property" Sierra explained.

"My switchblades for protection" Fangs complained. Lola rolled her eyes at him, but she didn't know why she was there; she didn't have a weapon. "What about me? I didn't have anything" she asked.

Sierra sighed and looked at the girl with sympathy. "They're saying you assaulted an officer who was trying to arrest Fangs" she explained. Lola's eyes widened in disbelief. Was the system really that corrupt already?

"That's bullshit! I did no such thing and they know it" Lola yelled out in frustration. She began to pace around the small cell, hoping yo blow off some steam.

"Yes, And they have twenty four hours to make something stick. In the mean time, both of you exercise your right to remain the he'll silent" Sierra said firmly. Lola nodded in understanding, knowing that she was right. With that, Lola was left alone in the cell with Fangs.

Hours passed by which were speant worry about what would happen or pacing around frantically - there was very little conversation. But eventually, Jughead and Sierra returned with news.

"Just got off the phone with Betty. Apparently the Black Hood turned the town hall into his own shooting gallery while Fangs and Lola were right here. So why are the sheriff's holding them?" Jughead said.

Lola looked to Sierra in confusion. Midge was killed by the Black Hood, surely if he struck again people would know it was real and not a set up. Why weren't they being released?

"What happened tonight and what happened to Midge are being treated as separate incidents" Sieraa explained. Lola rolled her eyes in annoyance. Of course they'd find any excuse to hold them longer.

"But if the sheriff doesn't press charges in the next hour, he has to let both of you go" she continued, before turning to Jughead. "There are a lot of protesters outside Jughead. Their release is going to make a lot of people in this town very unhappy."