Chapter 5

"Why? He's our strongest knight! We need him!" Galahad said.

"Not today he wasn't." Sonic muttered under his breath.

"What was that sire?" Percival asked.

"He's not feeling well. He's in no condition to fight no matter how much he wants to. Once sec, I'll be right back." Sonic went to his room for a bit and did somethings. He came back a couple minutes later. 

"What did you do?" Sir Gawain asked. 

"No more questions. Let's go." Sonic commanded.

"Sire, what about our plan? What is it?" Lamorak asked.

"... Just go in, fight as hard as you can. Don't die, and we'll win." Sonic said.

They all got on their horses and rode to the battlefield. When they got there, they saw the enemy waiting for them.

"You're late King Sonic." The other king said, who's name was Infinite.

"I'm never late. You're just impatient." Sonic said.

"ATTACK!!"

They charged Sonic and the knights and they charged back.

Infinite's knights put up a good fight, but they were not match for the knights of the round table and Sonic. Even though there were more knights on the other side. The knights of the round table were truly the best in all the land.

All of the other knights were dead, it was just the king.

"Surrender now! You have lost! You don't stand a chance against us! Back down and we shall spare your life!" Sonic yelled.

"Hmph. I will not spare yours." Infinite said.

Before Sonic knew it... he was stabbed from behind.

"NO! SONIC!" Percival screamed.

The infinite that was across the field disappeared, it was just an illusion. The real one was the one who stabbed him.

Sir Galahad shot an arrow and hit Infinite in the head, killing him.

The knights all ran over to Sonic.

"Stay with us sire!" Sir Gawain yelled.

"That's it. This is it. We won." Sonic said smiling. He was rushing his words, he was crying as well. He didn't want to go, but he knew he had no other choice. He wanted to smile till the end.

"Yes we did. We won. You will come back with us and rule. You'll make it back." Percival said.

"N-No. I'm good. I'm happy, I'm... no... I-I don't wanna go. I don't wanna-I don't-" "Shh your going to be okay. You'll live. Please you just have to stay with us. WE HAVE TO GET HIM BACK TO THE CASTLE!" Sir Percival shouted holding his hand.

"There's no time. He won't live. He has been stabbed. We need to just cherish every second we have left with him." Caliburn said.

"I-I don't wanna go. I love Lancelot, I love you guys, I love this kingdom. Please. Please." Sonic said crying.

"Hey, you're going to be okay. Just close your eyes. It'll be okay. You'll live., you'll be okay." Sir Percival said.

"Lancelot... tell him... I-I... I forgive... check... drawer... It hurts... I... Lan..." Sonic then stopped breathing, and the life left his body.

"No no no no no... KING SONIC!" Sir Percival screamed.

"Let's go. We need to inform Lancelot and the kingdom." Sir Lamorak said patting Percival on the back. 

They went back to the castle, meanwhile, Shadow was almost out of the dungeon. He had been using his sword to cut the bars. When it finally broke, he was free. He sped to go help Sonic and the other knights in the war. He could not let anyone die because of his stupid action. When he got to the entrance of the castle, he was everyone walking in. He saw that all the knights were alive, which calmed him a bit, then he saw his king.