Chapter 4-What Have You Done?!

They pulled away and Sonic hugged Shadow.

"Y-You're serious?" Sonic asked looking Shadow in the eye.

"Would I lie to the king?" Lancelot asked.

"I-I don't think we should tell the others." Sonic said.

"Whatever you say my king."

They both spent a couple weeks hanging out together and they were really happy. Sometimes Lancelot had to do training and knight stuff, but he wouldn't take long. They hung out in the garden, talking in his room, and rode their horses. They eventually told Gwain and Percival and they were happy for them. For once Lancelot was happy, he was loved and he had someone to love, but... nothing can last forever.

Sir. Percival burst into Sonic's room panting.

"King Sonic! You have to come down this instant!" She shouted.

Sonic and Lancelot both ran downstairs with Percival. All of the knights were there. Sir. Gwain, Sir Lamorak, and Sir. Galahad. (Let's just ignore the fact that Lancelot is his dad in real life okay?) Merlina was also there.

"W-What's going on?" Sonic asked.

"The North Kingdom demanded war against us! They're waiting in the South edge of the forest." Percival said. 

"W-What?! Why? I didn't do anything wrong!" Sonic yelled.

"Sire... He said that you had declared it." Pervial said.

"W-What? I haven't gotten any paperwork or gone to any meetings at all for the past weeks!" Sonic said.

Lancelot tugged on his arm. Sonic looked behind him.

"We need to talk." he said.

Sonic followed him into his room.

"What is this about Lancelot? We have a war coming upon us!" Sonic said almost yelling.

"Have you wondered why you have no king duties? Where do you think I've been?" Lancelot asked.

Sonic's eyes widened as he realized what was happening.

"W-What? No..."

"I did your king duties. All I wanted to do was save you some trouble and work. I was so mad at one meeting that I said that you had declared war. I'm sorry."

Sonic stared at Lancelot.

"So you thought I wasn't capable of being a king?"

"N-No! Not at all. I just knew it would be easier if-" "Easier isn't always the answer Lancelot! I can't believe it! We're going into war because of a decision that I didn't even make and that I'm being blamed for! You have put the lives of our knights in danger!"

"That is what a knight is born to do! Fight in wars!"

"Only if it can't be avoided!"

"You love me right? If you did you'd let me fight and do what I want."

Sonic paused and stared down at Lancelot.

"Y-You're kidding right? Guilt tripping? You are freaking kidding me?!" Sonic took a deep breath.

"As your king... I ban you from fighting in this war." Sonic said sternly.

"Sire-" "THAT IS AN ORDER FROM YOUR KING!" Sonic roared.

"I will have to deny you this time! I will fight! I started this war and I'm going to die in it if I have to!" Lancelot yelled back.

Sonic grabbed Lancelot by the arm and dragged him to the dungeon. Lancelot tried to pry his hand off and maybe make Sonic stop in some way, but it was no use. Sonic threw him in a cell and quickly closed and locked it.

"Sire! Let me out this instant!" Lancelot yelled.

"You will not be free from this cell until the war is won. I want you to think of what you've done. We are facing the 2nd most powerful kingdom in this world, what were you thinking?" Sonic said.

"No... sire I'm sorry. Please just let me fight."

"No."

Sonic went back up to the others and left Lancelot in the dungeon alone, crying. "So what are we going to do Sire? And... where is Sir. Lancelot?" Sir. Galahad asked.

"..."

"Sire?"

"He's not feeling well. Not well at all. He... won't be fighting today."