Chapter 33 - The Rumors

Comenzar desde el principio

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"So?"

Alicia reported "The only people that talk to her were Fred and George Weasley, two tried to throw a piece of pie at us but they accidentally got Oliver Wood instead. Also, just two girls from the Ravenclaw –Maisy Reynolds or something, and Cho Chang, that Asian looking gal just bumps into Katie though, isn't looking any suspicious. And the last one, that Hufflepuff, Tiffany Lol –Lofpig something was her name?"

"Tiff Lalppig...?" Ella trailed off.

"Yeah that's the one." nodded Alicia, "Weird kid, been giving us free cookies these past few... months." She, dumbfounded, blinks along with Ella Nelson in sync and as the dots connected together, Alicia cursed "Well shite, I did not see this coming."

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

End of February

Nathan frowns to hear that Y/N had yet again return from last night, the report of Anya bringing more dreadful things on his mind. Though, he may trust that Y/N's capable of many things... he isn't sure this time about what she's up to. Every night, her disappearance had been catching people's attention, they whisper gossips that he hears in every corner.

But most of the Hufflepuff disagree, certain that it was Harry Potter and that he was just spreading lies to make himself less of a target of suspicion. It was well known he's Parselmouth, everyone saw what he did in the Dueling Club and that everyone being petrified is either close to him or is known to be Muggles.

It was like war, even Slytherin was siding with Hufflepuff, most Ravenclaw says that Harry Potter was lying and even some Gryffindor, who knew him, was siding on Y/N's side. And their side was winning.

"I don't even think she sleeps in the dorms anymore." commented Anya as they hang out in the Middle Courtyard of the castle.

Nathan heaves a sigh, sleepless night clear in his baggy eyes. "I don't even know what to do anymore. She's always like this, trying to put distance on whomever." He then massages his temple, frustrated. "But –I mean, I get that she's very empathic but... she doesn't have to bear with it alone."

Both couldn't find anything else to say, both concern yet tired of this chase. Y/N's was a really, really great as a Jerry. And this Tom is quite losing his grip on the game. But Nathan's not giving up yet, he may just really need to let Y/N be. She'll come back, she has to. Tom would always been sad without his Jerry.

A voice of the boy-who-lived walked past them. Nathan look from behind, catching half of what Harry was sharing with Ron and Hermione. "...Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets 50 years ago."

Hermione, disagreeing, argued that "It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be." And Nathan perks up to what subject they were boldly discussing in such public setting.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle." said Ron with a questioning face, "He sounds like a dirty, rotten stitch to me."

"The monster had killed somebody Ron. What would any one of us have done?" Harry inputs, still convinced by what his lead had told.

"Look," Nathan heard Hermione started, and he exchange glance with Anya who was eavesdropping on the conversation with him, "Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?"

Ron, looking at the girl in disbelief, inserted "That would be a lovely visit." and his voice drips with sarcasm. ""Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?""