Chapter 32 - Dark Forest

Chapter 32

It became a habit.

To stroll in the night, the hall dark and lifeless as how her heart felt. She roams the castle ground like a ghost searching for someone to haunt, to give misfortune to (like Peeves, Y/N could sometimes hear his mischievous laughter nearby) but it wasn't her mission at all.

After Hermione had recovered from the Polyjuice, Y/N felt no need to visit and would simply disappear after her classes (but never absent on Severus sessions, she won't let her downfall interrupt the building progress she have with him) but sometimes –won't you believe it that Y/N had the guts to do it –she'd skip them all the way to dinner. But she'd only do it once a week, twice if she's feeling that brave.

Everyone wouldn't think she was among them –Y/N having to master the Disillusionment Charm –and wanting to avoid any confrontation from everyone, Y/N would just stand and listen.

Professor McGonagall was quick to be in action, searching for her in every floor, every place, but Y/N has allies. The Weasley twin being those, she confronted them after waking one morning, still in the care of the Whomping Willow protection, and basically make them admit that there's several places that the school's staffs doesn't even know. She used it to sneak out every time, believing the twins wouldn't bait her into trouble. Especially now that there's now Mrs. Norris to worry about and Mr. Filtch is still moping for his cat.

Y/N also hadn't been able to look people in the eye since finding out that she had been conceived with a love potion that Tiff –Y/N let her explain because she convinced herself (the Heart persistent voice asked her) to be the one to give a chance –needed to keep feeding her just to discourage a friend, Mia, from liking her any further.

Apparently, the young Nelson was said to be attracted to her after all this time and Tiff, controlled by fear to lose a friend (and also telling Y/N how her own mother had rushed in similar decisions), instead of talking to Y/N, played with her feelings and tried to make Y/N stray, distance herself with Mia as the potion feeds her with lies.

How could she do that? Not consider Y/N's thoughts and feelings first before acting, made sure that her plan wouldn't have consequences such as this situation. But then again, his voice woke as her heart tainted with shadows, reminding that an abnormal girl like Y/N can never be loved. That what happened is what will always be her life.

Y/N is so close on believing it.

But she knew she'll be okay, she will be. She has to be.

After the Hufflepuff finally said the part of her of the story, Y/N returned to find the solitude in her Godfather's space. The man had allowed her to stay, took the chance to shower Y/N with works and essay needed to be researched and Y/N took them all, let him feed her with more knowledge and when she's done with it, he'll let her borrow the books in his office, whatever it concerns.

Severus was giving her something to distract her from her suffering, she knew and Y/N's thankful. So, basically, the man didn't even question her when Y/N "didn't" attend his class for a few days and would deny that he ever had any confrontation with her –which frustrated Minerva close to insanity.

Y/N couldn't face the woman still, afraid that if Minerva found out the truth, she'd be disgusted.

Nathan was the hardest to hide from.

He was very knowing, had followed her and would try and corner her, beg her to come back, pleas for Y/N to talk to him –it was like a game of cat and mouse really, but Y/N was Jerry (smart when it comes to making things harder for the pussycat, Tom.) Their circle of friends understands that it hasn't only affected Y/N only but also Nathan, with slump shoulders and puffy eyes.