[Sonilver] Can't Sleep Love

a little oneshot i've been working on. set somewhere during sonic forces. and yes i know blaze wasn't in sonic forces shut up,,, 

The amount at which Silver wanted to just sleep was unbearable. His eyelids were so heavy, that it took every bit of his strength to prevent them from closing. It didn't help that every time he would blink, his eyes, so red and puffy, would sting. 

Silver wanted to sleep, but he couldn't. He had to wait for it, for the call. 

The grey hedgehog was laying on his stomach in the double size bed, his amber eyes fixated on the phone standing on the nightstand. Every so often, he would check the alarm clock for the time, this moment being at around 2:30 in the morning. Aside from that, his gaze and posture remained solid like a statue. 

He was waiting for the call. The call that the Revolution had found Sonic, and that he was alright. It was a desire that he could not stand to wait for. But, alas, the wait continued for weeks on end. 

Silver was always an optimist, but at the same time, he was a realist. He knew that no matter how much he wanted to hear that Sonic was alive, he knew that Eggman wouldn't be that generous. For all he knew, Sonic could be resting in a shallow grave while Silver sat in bed, doing absolutely nothing. 

The grey hedgehog's hand gripped the sheets that lay under him, the closed fist quivering ever so slightly as Silver's gaze of the phone became blurry. 

Inhaling sharply with surprise at the thought of dosing off, Silver rose to a kneeling position and blinked quickly to remove the blurry vision, adding his hands to rub them as well. 

Before long, Silver realized that instead of sleep, tears welled up in his eyes instead. He groaned and covered his face with his hands completely. 

The hedgehog felt himself shake, before accidentally letting a sob slip through his clenched teeth. He hunched over and tried his best to prevent more sobs from escaping to no avail. Eventually, it dissolved into uncontrollable crying. 

He needed Sonic. He needed him now. 

Silver didn't realize how loud he had become over time until he heard the door open. He turned to look behind him to find Blaze in the doorway, a cold yet concerned look on her face. 

"Silver," The cat started quietly, slowly moving towards Silver's bed, in hopes of not startling him whilst he is in this state. 

Silver looked away for a second and moved into a sitting position, knees held to his chest. He still attempted to conceal his tears, but could not hold the small squeaks and whimpers that emitted instead. 

Blaze soon sat in the bed's edge near Silver, wrapping her arms around him in a friendly embrace. 

Silver finally opened his mouth to speak, struggling to not have his voice crack while doing it. 

"I miss Sonic..." 

Blaze nodded and held her friend tighter. 

"I know you do..."