Chapter Three : Empty Town

I push past the door and a rush of cold hits my skin. I'm in some kind of forest apparently.'Why did you kill mom? She was harmless!' I here Aphmau say."I had to, "I say aloud," I was doing her a favor. Now she will be free from the Underground." I finish. As I was walking towards a bridge, I hear a snap. I'm not alone. I think to myself,and I ready my knife. I make it to the bridge and stop, I hear footsteps in the snow behind me, the person who broke the branch. they got closer, and closer still until they stopped and said, "Human..." The voice was masculine and the said it in a way that could send someones sins up their own back. "Don't you know how to great a new friend?" He asked, "Turn around and shake my hand." I did as he said and turned around, he had black hair, tan skin, silver eyes, a dark red hoodie with black symbols on the arms black pants and sneakers. I would say he was human, but the gray and red wolf ears and tail gave it away. I shook his hand a loud farting noise came from his hand. "Heh, the old- uh hey this is the part when you laugh or make any emotion at all... Anyway! I'm Aaron, I'm supposed to be looking for humans here, but I'm not really in the mood right now,"He said looking around my head, as if there is something on the other side of the bridge." My sister, Melissa, she loves hunting for humans. But she's harmless so don't worry, that's her over there lets go on the other side. Melissa made the bars of the gate to wide to stop anyone." Once on the other side Aaron told me to go behind a tacky lamp, but I didn't, he looked confused with me." Or you can just stay here in front of me.." I hear footsteps get closer, A girl a bit taller than Aaron came to us she had brown hair and wolf ears like Aaron, a red metallic half shit, with blue shorts, the rest of her arms, torso, and legs were covered in a chain meal like material that was black. She then spoke,"Hey, Aaron have you seen any humans?" Aaron replied. "Yeah." She said 'Ok.'Then walked off. I was about to walk away too when Aaron said something odd. "Hey, you. Can you keep pretending to be human for me? Thanks." He walked in the opposite direction. I continued walking and occasionally I would meet a monster in my way, like in the Ruins with each kill I got stronger. I met Melissa and Aaron. "Human! I hope your ready for-!" I cut her off by walking towards the puzzle, but she continued, "This p-puzzle is the 'Electrical maze'- "I continue walking, "Hey uh stop! Please? Your ruining the fun of puzzles!" She walked off annoyed. I continue walking around the near empty forest,when I see crossroad. I go down first. I see where a puzzle should have been, the remains of it were covered in vines. "Thank you, brother dear." I said to myself and walked across. I met two people with long floppy dog ears, and axes. They said they were apart of the Royal Guard, not for long. I killed one, than the other. At least they died in each other's arms.
I keep going, kill everyone, and skip more puzzles and eventually I make it to a long bridge. I make it near the end when I'm stopped by Melissa and Aaron, again. "Halt, human! This is your final and most dangerous challenge yet! I, Melissa have created the most amazing challenge and you will definitely be conflicted." She paused, Aaron looked at her and asked," what's up? Is something wrong?" She looked nourvousy back at him and said " Yeah, I mean I want to do the puzzle, but I feel like the human will skip it like they did to all the other puzzles." She sighs and says " why couldn't we get a human that liked puzzles?" She turned back at me and said sadly,"Human, since you don't like puzzles, I'll just... Let you by." She walked off, with Aaron staring at me cold in the eyes as I walked to him. "He kid if you keep going the way you are..." He paused and looked down, when he raised his head, his eyes were red. " YOUR GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME." He disappeared. That sent chills up my spine. But I stayed determined. I get to the town and see lots of buildings, but nobody came. I walk inside a shop, but nobody came. In a bar, nobody came. I keep walking. Soon there's so much snow, I can't see my own hand in front of my face. But then it gets clearer and I see the outline of Melissa. "Human, let me tell you about some... Complex feelings. At first I thought you were gonna be a great human, someone who liked my puzzles but you skipped them. And I worked hard on them just for you! And I noticed something else too,  when you were walking around the forest I saw dusty powder all over you clothing. I'm not that stupid, I know that you have... Killed. But I can help you!" She looked really nervous. I could see her shaking but she still smiled. I waited for her to finish. "Your life is going down a bad path. I want to be able to help you get though it!" She smiled even bigger. "So human, the first lesson of being a good person.. Friendship Hugs!" Melissa extended her arms in front of her waiting for me. I smile at her and walk closer. "You.. Want to be my friend? Wow, I knew I could-!" Just like mom, I drove the knife in a diagonal across Melissa's chest. "Y-you...I-I know you..can do better. If if you just try, you can... I still believe in you." And with her final words, Melissa turned to dust. Filled with Determination, I made my way to the next area of the underground.