" The question is, how often are you trying, son?" Gabriel asked from the end of the table, intertwining his fingers together as his dark brown eyes were fixed on Jared. " Are you even trying at all?"

Jared let out a ragged breath, and Leah just stared up at his tall figure beside her. She watched as his eyes narrowed into two irritated slits. " Yes, obviously. But do we really have to have this conversation over dinner?" He tried not to sound too agitated, but it was extremely evident.

That wasn't particularly true. Leah and Jared had, had sex, but it wasn't with the intention of creating a baby. Leah didn't think so anyway, because Jared had never mentioned it. Leah decided not to correct him as she could see the frustration of his family's questions cluttering anger into a ball in his mind.

Gabriel chuckled a little before continuing to eat, and everyone continued to eat their dinner in deafening silence. Leah decided to focus back on that door that now felt so close to her.

Before she knew it, Lindsay and Emme were clearing the table, and Leah's plate was being taken away. She was staring into space- almost planning in her mind, when she turned to notice Jared reaching towards her to grab her wrist, and he yanked her up from her seat.

Leah gasped a little from the sudden gesture, but allowed Jared to just lead her out the room. He began pulling her arm up the stairs, and she just trailed behind like a lost puppy. Jared didn't bother to say goodnight to the family, and Leah bit her lip to try not to react to the unbearable pain that Jared was creating in her wrist, and his legs were moving at a fast, irritated pace.

Once they reached their bedroom door, Jared practically threw her inside, and slammed the door behind him. Leah's pupils dilated- she didn't have time to comprehend what this was all about when Jared immediately smashed his lips against hers, gripping her face.

Leah tried to calm her shock down and kiss him back. His kisses were wet, sloppy and eager, and she knew for sure that this had something to do with what had been mentioned at dinner.

Jared pushed his body against hers until they backed up against the bed. As soon as she hit it, he began taking her clothes off, and Leah knew what was coming next. He now wanted sex.

And of course Leah didn't have any say in it, so she let him do as he pleased with the memory of the open door in her mind, that she tried so hard to be rid..

The next morning, Leah awoke to the sound of nothing as there was jut silence in the room. The alarm hadn't gone of yet, and Jared was still fast asleep beside her, lightly snoring, but it wasn't that noticeable. Leah furrowed her eyebrows. Why was she awake before Jared?

Leah slowly climbed out of bed, her bare feet swiping across the rug that lay beside their bed, and stood up, noticing she wasn't wearing anyway underwear.

Leah quickly grabbed her panties of the ground, and slid them over her legs, a long with her sweat pants that had also been practically torn from her last night. She hadn't even got changed for bed the night before.

Leah then listened closely to see if she could hear anyone downstairs, but she couldn't. Maybe that's just because she hadn't left the bedroom, and the walls were pretty thick.

So you couldn't hear the screams.

Her throat was dry- it was destined for a glass of water, and she could feel the dehydration creeping up her uvula. She felt she may as well leave Jared for a while and go and grab a drink.

She tiptoed out the room, making sure not to bang the door on her way out, and crept down the corridor to the stairs. Once she was down, she walked into the kitchen, expecting to see Lindsay, up and ready and possibly preparing breakfast. But she wasn't.