Chapter Fourteen

#Un-Edited (As always)

♥Jenny's POV♥

At this point in time the word furious couldn't describe what I was. If I was a cartoon character, I swear steam would be gushing out my ears and nostrils. I wanted to punch something so bad, you had no idea. Damn, and here I thought today was actually going to end up good. Well f*ck me for making a little effort. 

     I was only a few steps away from my driveway when I spotted something which I didn't expect. Parked in my driveway was a car. A car I knew a little too well for my liking.

     What on earth was Tyler doing over? To me he was at school...

     Shrugging off my thoughts, I walk up my driveway and towards my front door. I contemplated whether I should knock or not but I decided against it. This was my house and I could enter whenever and however I wanted. Plus if I knocked on the door I would end up kicking it down.

     Twisting the doorknob, I realized that the door was unlocked. Pushing it open and closing it behind me, I saw the site of the century. There, seated on the long sofa was Tyler and James. They didn't seem to have noticed me as yet because they leaned towards each other. I could see that it was their first time doing this because Ty hesitated a little.

     My brother pressed his lips against Tyler's and a soft moan escaped his lips. They started out slow and then went into a heated kiss. I was happy for them because I was hoping that one of them would man up sooner or later.

     But if I was so happy for them... why was I crying?

     Hot tears ran down my cheeks and a ball developed in my throat. My breathing hastened and I went down on my knees. Having my hand covering my face I cried my heart out. I was broken. My chance with Casey was blown. I didn't even have the chance to answer her question which was directed to me before she left the janitor's closet on Monday.

     "Jenny?" It was Tyler's voice which brought me back to reality. This had been the first time that I've cried in years and both he and James knew that this was serious. I heard footsteps coming towards me but the tears kept on coming even faster now. I bet I looked like a beat up girly-girl who was crying after a horrid break up.

     "What's the matter Jen?" James asks me, wrapping his firm arms around me. My eyes were still closed but I could feel Tyler rubbing his hand on my back for comfort. I wanted to tell them congrats but the words couldn't exit my mouth.

     "Jenny, you can talk to us. Is Casey alright?" The moment Tyler mentions Casey's name, I lost all control. My crying became even more violent. I couldn't breathe anymore so I started coughing. I didn't even know that I was capable of crying a river.

     "I-I-I screwed up r-really b-b-bad..." I trail off, whipping some of my tears away with my hand. Tyler quickly gets up and rushes to the kitchen. He came back soon after and handed me a box of napkins, "Here, use these instead. Talk to us Jen."

     "Thanks," I reply, blowing my nose and trying my best to clean up my face. This wasn't good for my reputation. Normally I would be the strong one, the person who would be like, I don't give a sh*t, try me. But it seems the rolls were switched. Finally gaining some strength and the right mentality, I decided to let them in on my mood.

     "Casey... She chose someone else. I was too slow to accept that I wasn't as straight as I claimed I was. She always put in some sort of freaking effort, but, what did I do? Nothing! I pushed her the f*ck away dude! And to make it worst, it was more than once!" I didn't even understand where all those emotions were coming from but they were unveiling themselves.

     "If you care for her that much, why aren't you trying to get her?" James questions, but I didn't have the answer to his question. "Yeah, you're Jenny O'Brian, the tough girl who goes for what she wants. What's stopping you now?" Tyler inquires.

     "I don't know," I say truthfully.

     "Well, what's holding you back?" My best friend questions me. Finally gaining some strength in my legs, I get off the floor. Both James and Tyler follow suit and stand together with me. Holding the box of tissues on one hand, I take my free hand and rake it through my hair. Shoving the tissues in James' hand, I approach the stairs.

     "Congrats to you James and Tyler take care of each other," I say, already ascending the stairs. I stopped half way when I heard my name, "Jenny..."

     "Yes?"

     "Thanks and all, but, you're heading the wrong direction. Casey is this way," Tyler states, pointing his thumb to the front door. I let out a bitter laugh and then responded to him, "It's sad Tyler but I've already given up on her. It's crystal clear that she has chosen someone else. I don't want to see her in my eyes anymore."

     Both James and Tyler's mouths form an 'o' and I simply nod at them. My face was emotionless and felt all sticky from the tears. "PS, don't come and bother me, I'm still kind of moody." With this, I walk up the stairs and into my room. Entering my en-suit, I washed my face in my bathroom and didn't even bother taking a look in the mirror.

     Are you sure you're making the right choice Jenny?

     Well obviously. I don't want to go behind something I cannot have. That's just pathetic and I don't do 'pathetic'.

     I say differently. It shows determination. Now what if Casey doesn't say yes to Mikayla and she realizes that you just let her go like some bag of trash. Wouldn't that destroy her too?

     And...? What do I care?

     Sigh, wow, have I really stooped this low and began speaking to myself? This is really bad. But if that happens, it'll be just great. Her heart should be crushed and then pulverized until it is no more. She should be punished for turning me like this. Yes, then I'd be happy to see her experiencing the same amount of pain as me…

     My fists were clenched and I just wanted to destroy something. I was enraged once more and I couldn't help it at all. 

     Suddenly, I heard a soft knock on my bedroom door. My head snaps towards its direction and I storm towards it. Didn't James or Tyler understand that I wasn't in the mood for any talking and that bullsh*t?! Oh... They're going to get a piece of my mind.

     Opening the door fully, I was too aggravated to take in account who I was speaking to but I shouted in this individual's face. "What the f*ck is your problem! Didn't I make it clear to not annoy me you little f*cker?! Gosh, you have no damn understanding!"

     "I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry..." 

     Immediately, my eyes shot open and I stare blankly at the figure in front of me. "Casey?" I question, taking in the horrified expression on her face. Great, just who I wanted to see now... Yes, sarcasm intended.

A/N: (SHORT, I KNOW... But, this IS a short story) Holy hell! I updated so quick :O Wow, you guys just inspire me day by day with the votes and comments! SO much that I couldn't have you guys wait any longer :D

~Countdown: Fourteen Chapters down, Two more to go PLUS the Epilogue!~

VOTE...

SHARE...

COMMENT...