Chapter Nine

♥Jenny's POV♥

My weekend wasn't what I expected it to be actually. All I wanted was to get the bonding time with Casey on Saturday over with. Then Andrew came along. In all honesty I really did think he was the 'one' but the kiss showed otherwise. Why did nothing ever go my way?

     On Sunday James and Tyler were lingering around the house, playing games and stuff. All the while, I was in my room contemplating on how I should break the news to Andrew that I don't like him the way I thought I did. If he truly likes me, then, he would understand right?

     Well Jenny, how smart of you. If he likes you then, there is no way in him taking this 'okay'. What's up with my sub conscience? Always taking someone else's side, great, just great.

     Right now, I was walking out of my house to a patiently waiting Ty. "Don't do anything naughty whilst I'm at school bro," I say, waving a goodbye to James. He chuckles at my comment and smiles in Ty's direction.

     Shaking my head at my brother I circled around Tyler's car towards the passenger seat. If I didn't know how much of a man-whore James was, I would have really dug into the possibility of him having the 'hoots' for my best friend.

     "For once I'm glad that my weekend is over," I say, entering the car, sending my bag to the back seat and then buckling up. "Well, good morning to you too," Ty greets, chuckling a little as he starts our drive to the school.

     "Sorry, sorry... I'm still thinking about a way to reject Andrew if he wants to get serious with me," I reply, literally cinching as I recalled my outfit on Saturday night. Now I remembered the reason why I never wore girl clothes. Trust me; I'm never going down that road ever again.

     "He's a man, he'll just have to suck it up," Ty comments with a shrug. I let out a laugh because I thought of a scenario in my head. "That's not what you would say if my brother rejects you when you finally decide to make a move," I smirk, using his words against him.

     "You're lucky that you're my best friend and a girl because you're so close in earning yourself a concussion." There was so much venom in his voice that I knew that I had stumbled on dangerous grounds. "Dude chill, I'm only messing with you," I say, lifting my hands in surrender.

     The rest of the journey to the school, Tyler and I caught up on old times. Because we were really early, he drove pretty slowly so were would have more time to chat. It was more like a 'guy' bonding moment if you tell me but I was more than used to that kind of stuff.

     The moment the car was parked in its reserved space, Ty and I grabbed our stuff and hopped out. On any other day, if I had seen the sight I am seeing now, I would have walked away but surprisingly I was aggravated by it. What I saw was Casey standing at the corner of the parking lot surrounded by a group of persons whom I knew all too well.

     I could see that they were not having a casual chat because of their stance. Not knowing what got over me, I marched in their direction. Obviously Ty followed behind as my backup. We didn't exchange any words because our mission was already set.

     "What the f*ck is going on here?" I demanded, the moment I stood behind the group. The girls from my 'fan club' then step to a side so that I was face to face with the president of the group. At the sight of me, she stumbles back a little but then regains composure.

     "We were only doing you a favor Jenny. Our group was just telling her to stay away from you. Such a perfect and busy person such as you should not be distracted by the likes of her," Kaylee spoke with so much hatred in her voice that I saw Casey's face lose all color.

     "J-Jenny," Casey's voice was barely heard because she was on the verge of tears. It broke my heart and pushed my last button to see my girl like this.

     Ugh! What the hell am I thinking?! 'My girl', really..? What I meant to say was 'Casey'. All this anger isn't making me think right. Like what the f*ck, last time I checked, I didn't care about this chick and I was straight!

     "Oh shut up Kaylee, I don't need your lame excuse to cover up your bullying. Now, you listen to me well," I state, walking up to Casey and swinging my arm around her shoulders. Everyone's eyes widened and so did Tyler's. "Casey is my friend and if you f*ck with her, you f*ck with me. You don't want to get on my bad side do you?"

     "N-N-No Jenny… You know what, we were just leaving. Come on girls," Kaylee says and without delay they walked out of the parking lot. The moment they were out of our site, Casey breaks out into tears and I hugged her tight.

     "What was all that about?" I question her, still having her pressed up against my chest. A few sobs escapes her lips and she replies with a soft, "I'll explain later."

     "Okay... Don't cry, they're not worth your tears, okay?" I say, trying my best I tried to calm her down. In the middle of it all I could have sworn that she said, "But you are," under her breathe. But then again, I always hear the wrong stuff.

*

     God, all throughout the morning I kept a close eye on Casey and the girls from my fan club. I've never felt this protective of anyone before but this girl was just on my mind nonstop. In all my classes, because I shared them with her, I would steal a few glances at her to make sure that she was okay.

     My actions were quite stupid though, because no one could hurt her during class.

     "Dang Tyler, don't play with my fries man!" Andrew says, grabbing a portion of Ty's fries and then stuff's it in his mouth as payback. Casey and I laughed at how childish the boys acted. Even though we laughed, we guarded our food with our lives.

     The food commotion calmed down and we ate in peace. Casey was just adjusting to the group so she earned a few stares from the rest of the cafeteria’s population. Lunch was going so well that this morning's matter almost slipped my mind.

     "Hey Jenny, want to come over at my place after school?" Casey asks me but at the same time she glares sideways at Andrew. Casey and I sat parallel to each other and the boys were on the other ends. Why was she glaring at Andrew anyway?

      "Sure..." I answered unconsciously. Immediately she beams and that's when everything began to sink in. 'I was going to her house? Well that's okay I guess, she has been at my place so it's all cool,' I thought to myself, stuffing my mouth with food.

     "Hey Jenny, you wanna be my girlfriend?"

     The question which rolled off of Andrew's tongue with such ease caused Casey and Tyler to go mute. In the mean while I was choking on my chicken. Ty taps my back several times until I managed to sober up. All the while, Casey was trying to kill Andrew with her eyes.

     Maybe she does like him? The f*ck is my life turning to? A soap opera..?

     "I'll think about it," I respond truthfully, though I had already thought about it and the answer was not 'yes'.

A/N: Wow I updated so soon ^.^ That's because I love you guys so much and because I was inspired to write! The next update... IDK when that will be xD I hope you enjoyed! Let's start our countdown to the final chapter! Nine down, seven more to go PLUS the epilogue!

VOTE...

SHARE...

COMMENT...