Seven: Carwash

"Hey Kuruno-kun!" I wave to the girl lounging on top bunk.

"What?" she asks, pulling out a headphone.

"Sorry." I duck my head. "I didn't know you were listening to music. I just came up to ask if you wanted to join us at the Butterfly Of Farewell festival at my brother's school. Some of the girls are going to try and get the Iwatobi Swim Club more members."

"Seriously?" she rolls her eyes. "What are you going to do, cheer them until they submit?"

"No! This was Fubuki's idea!" I pout. Upon Fubuki's insistence the cheerleading clothes have been ordered for all of us. He says his childhood friend Katie is giving him the money to do it because she doesn't believe he can get all his friends in this uniform. I gave in quickly because it's pretty. "We're doing a carwash."

"Carwash?" Kuruno looks skeptical.

"Swimsuit carwash." I clarify.

"What about your boyfriend?" I am asked.

"He's only had a nosebleed three times okay!" I pout.

"Huh? I meant does he mind?" She asks.

"Not at all." I shrug. "Our priority is getting to the race in time!"

"I'm not going. No way I'm washing cars in a swimsuit for a public school's team." she waves me off.

"Okay Kuruno-kun!" I wave. "Have a good day! If you change your mind the information's on the paper on my desk."

"Bye." she nods.

I wave to Mei-chan and Ami-chan; they too are in the pretty uniforms.

"Let's take photos on the train, we can't miss the race."

"Wait! Fubu'!" Kaito pants, he too is in the uniform. Fubuki's cognac eyes light up like a christmas tree.

"OH KAI!" His eyes well with tears as he jumps at his original roommate.

"I have no idea why I'm subjecting myself to this again but it was fun last time so why not?" Kaito looks as if he doesn't feel the way he's talking like he is.

"I knew that we could draw you out of your shell Kai'" Fubuki declares.

"Let's get to the train station. Are you three ready for the car wash?" Kaito asks.

"I asked around and Hanaka-chan said she'll stop by to help. Bikini and all. Hika'-chan will too, she just didn't get this." Ami-chan gestures to the uniform.

"Maybe Kou-chan will help too." Mei-chan muses.

"I wonder if that's why Sei's getting his car washed." Ami-chan giggles.

"Kuruno-kun said she won't." I sigh.

"And to think, Sei's having all of the guys at graduate's house drop their cars over at Iwatobi for a wash!" Mei-chan huffs. Fubuki opens his mouth as if he would voulnteer his services.

"Fubu', I don't care that you got me in this; I am not wearing a bikini." Kaito's face is redder than Ami-chan's uniform.

"Let's go! We can't miss the relay!" I enthuse.

"That's right!" Fubuki grabs Kaito's arm. "No going back now!"

We get some weird looks on the train but Fubuki tries to divert Kaito's attention from them. We are grateful that when we get to the Iwatobi station, the school is on the other side of the street. We arrive just as the first changeover begins. Haruka, in last place hands Makoto the kickboard; aka their baton. Makoto runs quickly and goes from last place to third place.