16 | yuri likes kkami more

The cafe is quiet

The cafe is quiet. Schools aren't supposed to be out yet, that's why there's almost no one in here. How the teachers let me out is still a wonder ― they never do. Only if you're really sick, they'll let you out.

I'm out here because we were meant to be training. We have a meet coming up next month and the team needs to be in tip-top shape by then. Our coach, unfortunately, said that he couldn't make it right at the moment I stepped into the pool area so without thinking much, I looked for a place to sit and just watch the world pass by.

Swimming meant also spending time with Hyunjin, and so, he's sitting right across me and stirring his hot chocolate almost majestically. His spoon almost dangling off his fingers as he slowly stirs the cup, his head tilted to the side whilst looking outside and the sun lighting his face perfectly.

That same feeling I felt that night returns back to me in humongous waves that I'm almost washed away.

"Yuri," he says, still looking outside.

I hum in response, tearing my eyes from him and focus on the many papers I have spread out on the table.

"Chan hyung wants you to come again for dinner tonight," he tells me.

"Oh?"

"If you can," Hyunjin adds quickly, "we're also going to watch a movie in the living room afterwards. It's nothing fancy, just a screen put up and pillows and blankets and popcorn and -"

"Sure," I answer, trying to bite back my growing smile at the scene of Hyunjin almost rambling. "I'll go."

"You'll go?" He finally looks away from the view outside and faces me with a bright smile.

I nod.

"You can bring your cousin too if you'd like!" Hyunjin tells me, "I've been wanting to meet him, and I'm sure the others too!"

Nodding, I continue with the homework that I brought and ignore the random comments Hyunjin makes every now and then about how I apparently spelled something wrong. I had to open Google to check whether it was true - but it turns out it was only him messing with me.

He had to treat me ice cream after that.

One thing about Jeongin is that wherever there's free food, he's the first to arrive. He doesn't care what it is, he's not really a picky eater, if you mention "invite" and "dinner" in the same sentence and you address him, he'll be over faster than your heart can beat.

And that's why now, Jeonginnie is helping Chan in the kitchen like the good kid he is.

The rest of us are piling every pillow insight into the living room while waiting for the two to finish, throwing every available plushie on the couch and Minho and Changbin put up the screen and sets up the projector.

Dinner was fast. Faster than any dinner I've eaten - everyone was eager for the movie. I have no idea what we're watching just yet but I'm sure the boys picked a good one.