Chapter 6

"Ready or not. Here I come" Nino called out as he turned to survey the room. The news of the new Akuma had not yet spread, so the heroes were playing hide n seek.

Nino stood on top of the blankets and pillows, stepping on anything that looked like someone could be under it. He looked at the couch and made his way towards it. He rested his knees on the cushion and leaned over the edge.

"Hey" Chloe greeted when she looked up and saw his face. He nodded and stood back up. Next was the kitchen.

He walked onto the cold tile, looking around for possible hiding places. Behind the fridge? Nope. Under the table? What were they five now? Anywhere else and they would have to be in the cabinets. Nino shrugged and began to open the cabinets. In the third to last one, Alya was sitting with her legs pulled to her chest and slightly bent over.

"Oh thank heavens. I was about to give in and get out" Alya breathed in relief and stuck her hand out towards him. He grabbed it and gently pulled her out, making sure she didn't scratch her shoulders on the wood.

"I don't think being found is better than giving up. The object of the game is to not be found" Nino pointed out. Alya shrugged and picked her phone up from the counter.

Nino walked out towards the hall, opening the hall closet. White shelves with towels and rags filled the tiny room. Except for the bottom. Where Nathaniel was curled up at.

"Found you, dude," Nino said, causing Nathaniel to look up. He pulled himself out with his arms, still on the ground.

"I don't know why I hid there" The red mumbled as he stood up. "I'm claustrophobic anyways" He slowly made his way to sit next to Chloe on the couch.

Nino walked into the redhead's bedroom. Only Adrien, Luka, and Mari to find now. Ten minutes later and they were nowhere to be found.

"Fine!" Nino called out. "I give. Now come out" Adrien walked out of the bathroom, having of hid in the bathtub. Marinette stumbled out of a closet with Luka close behind her.

They all sat on the couch, exchanging conversation about school and stuff until Alya spoke.

"Nat, turn on the news" The brunette demanded as she scowled at her phone screen.

"Why?" Luka asked, he and Mari looking at her.

"Just do it" The redhead grabbed the remote, turned on the tv, and began to flip through channels until he found the news.

"And Paris is currently under attack by another Akuma. Will they ever stop coming?" The news reporter said.

"I gotta go to the restroom" Chloe mumbled suddenly as she at stood up.

"I think I forgot my, uh, sketchbook in the garage I'll have to check" Nathaniel grumbled as he opened the back door.

"I think I'll help him," Adrien said, as he walked out to.

Marinette sat there for a second, thinking of an excuse. Had to use the restroom too? Had to check something in her bag?

"I think I'm going to go make more popcorn" The bluenette chimed in as she grabbed an empty bowl.

"No way girl. Look, you see there? The Akuma is near here. We need to shot this for the blog" Alya stated, stopping her friend from leaving.

"I don't think it's a good idea" Marinette fumed.

"Nor was dating Nino but I did that anyways" Nino faked a pout.

"Come on. What does it take for a guy to be appreciated around here?" He complained. "But Mari has a point. It's not safe." He threw an arm around her shoulder and pulled her to his body. "And we can't have you getting hurt, now can we?" Alya shrugged and looked away. One way or another she was going to video the Akuma.