chapter 4

"Nooroo" Gabriel hissed.

  It was late into the night and most of Paris was asleep. Street lights shone through the round window, dimly lighting the secret layer.

   "Yes, Master" a weak reply came.

   The purple kwami flew up from the cold hard table he was resting on. His movements were sluggish and bags were under his violet eyes.

   "Nooroo, there were more heroes today," Gabriel said as he peered down through his glasses at the kwami that was now resting in his hand. "A bee and a peacock. Tell me, is there more than one peacock miraculous?"

    Nooroo looked down. He's been caught. He's in big trouble now.

  "Well?" The blonde growled as he curled his fingers.

   "No" Nooroo responded sheepishly.

  "Then I would like for you to explain how a little red-headed brat got his hands on it"  Fire danced in his normally cold blue eyes as he waited impatiently for an answer.

  Nooroo stayed silent. What could he say? 'An old friend of mine stopped by to come and get miraculous. I willing helped him retrieve it'? That would have him punished for sure.

   Unfortunately, Nooroo had to respond. Not because of the fear of being harmed because kwamis had to tell the holders everything. Except for the other heroes' identities of course.

   "I sensed a power only a kwami could hold the other day. It... It was gone by the time you got home." The purple kwami exclaimed.

    If he gave too much information away, then Paris would be doomed for sure. For example like who the other kwamis were working for, the fact he sensed Plagg's presence every day, and where he, himself, came from.

    "Why didn't you stop it" The fashion designers voice raised.

   "I'm not allowed to leave this room, sir," Nooroo whispered.

    Gabriel's angered flared and he cupped the kwami in his hands.

   "I feed you. I give you a place to sleep. I made you more powerful. You will not disrespect me." The blonde said calmly as he tightened the space between his hands, nearly crushing Nooroo.

   Gabriel stopped and lifted his left hand. The purple kwami had his eyes squeezed closed and his arms and legs tucked into his chest.

   "Your an ungrateful kwami. You're useless. You need me to make you anything." The fashion designer hissed.

  He threw Nooroo the floor near a wall and moved to walk out of the dark room.

  Nooroo lay silently crying in pain on the floor. No one knew what he was going through. Except for Plagg and possibly Tikki if the black cat told her. Would his torture ever end?

                                 *******
   Adrien fell back into his bed with a sigh and stared up at the ceiling. Despite the fact that the battle ended quickly, he was still exhausted. That and had a few bruises across his body.

    Plagg hovered nearby watched Adrien in concern. He knows the blonde hasn't slept much lately. He tosses and turns all night. Or at least when he gets back at night.

   A thought popped into the cat's mind and he quickly flew over to the white desk that had three computers on it. He tugged the bottom drawer open, grabbed one of the many wheels of Cambridge, and quickly ate it. After he burped, he went back to Adrien.

   "Come on the kid," Plagg said as he shoved the side of the blondes face.

   Adrien pulled himself up and stared blankly at Plagg. His forest green eyes no longer held the welcoming glow like they used to. And Plagg was determined to bring it back.