fact 105.

Age Ain't Nothing But A Number is Aaliyah's debut album, produced by R Kelly, on May 24th 1994. Age Ain't Nothing But a Number received generally favourable reviews from critics. Many noted Aaliyah's vocal ability and praised the lyrical content. Aaliyah was credited for redefining by blending her voice with Kelly's. The album peaked at number 18 on the Billboard 20 and sold over three million copies in the United States. The album was certified Gold in Canada by the (CRIA) and Gold in the United Kingdom by the (BPI) to date. The album has sold over six million copies worldwide. Aaliyah recorded the album when she was 13 and released it when she was 14. It is also currently the only album that you can stream from Aaliyah.

Some writers noted that Aaliyah's "silky vocals" and "sultry voice" blended with Kelly's helped define R&B in the 1990s. Her sound was also compared to that of a female quartet. Christopher John Farley of magazine described the album as a "beautifully restrained work", noting that Aaliyah's "girlish, breathy vocals rode calmly on R.Kelly's rough beats". of felt that the album had its "share of filler," but described the singles as "slyly seductive." He also claimed that the songs on the album were "frequently better" than that of Kelly's first studio album. Paul Verna from praised both R.Kelly's Production on the album and Aaliyah's voice saying "The golden production touch of mentor R. Kelly is strongly felt here, and he has a field day with Aaliyah's warm silky voice, which has a depth and range that belie her youth."

The singles are 'Back & Forth', 'At Your Best (You Are Love), 'Age Ain't Nothing But A Number' which had music videos for them, however 'Down With The Clique' and 'The Thing I Like' was released with music videos made from the other 3 singles, due to the conflict with Aaliyah and R Kelly's relationship from the media. 'The Thing I Like' was featured from the movie soundtrack 'A Low Down Dirty Shame.'

The track listing is:

1. Intro

2. Throw Your Hands Up ft Tia Hawkins

3. Back & Forth ft R Kelly

4. Age Ain't Nothing But A Number

5. Down With The Clique ft R Kelly

6. At Your Best (You Are Love)

7. No One Knows How To Love Me Quite Like You Do

8. I'm So Into You

9. Street Thing

10. Young Nation

11. Old School ft R Kelly

12. I'm Down

13. Back & Forth Remix ft R Kelly

BONUS TRACK ON OTHER ALBUM VERSIONS

14. The Thing I Like ft R Kelly