fact 22.

Aaliyah was only 22 years old when she died. She left the Bahamas as she was filming her music video for 'Rock The Boat.' The reason she wanted to leave so quickly was so she could remix her song 'More Than A Woman', dub her lines for her movie 'Queen Of The Damned', and see her boyfriend Damon Dash. Her original flight was scheduled to leave way later than her new flight. An argument broke out before the crew boarded, being warned to not carry equipment onto the plane as it would put tons of weight on the tiny plane. They insisted anyways and bought it on. The plane lifted up, burst into flames, and shortly crashed. All 9 passengers, including the pilot on the flight, passed away. Reportedly, at least one, if not 2 or 3 initially survived. Aaliyah's bodyguard Scott Gallin survived and spent his final moments asking for water, and concerns to Aaliyah's condition, and later on, died at the hospital. The other 1 or 2 survived the initial impact but died shortly after. One was noted to be screaming in agony. Aaliyah's body was found further away from the plane, ejected from her seat, curled up to the left. She suffered severe blows to her head, was burnt badly and suffered from a weak heart. Her hair was completely ripped off. Even if Aaliyah did survive the crash, her recovery would be near to impossible. The Pilot, Luis Morales III had traces of cocaine and alcohol in his system and wasn't verified to fly the plane. 

Rest In Peace: Eric Forman, Anthony Dodd, Scott Gallin, Keith Wallace, Christopher Maldonaldo, Douglas Kratz, Gina Smith, Luis Morales and Babygirl, Aaliyah.