Team One

"That was a bit of a rough call. Everyone all right?" The whole team nods, looking at Greg. "Good to hear. Dismissed guys." Everyone stands up and walks to their own part of that station, looking for a bit of alone time after a transport had gone slightly astray. There was lots of rioting and a few people got hurt. Ed walks over to Greg.

"What do we have going on for the rest of the day Boss?"

"One first aid recertification, otherwise we're free the rest of the shift" Greg finishes that paperwork from the last call, and stands up to face Ed. 

"So how did Dean enjoy the Academy?" Ed says as he and Greg start walking to Winnie's desk. 

"He seems happy. Lots of stories to tell whenever we talk" Greg hands the paperwork to Winnie, who is laughing and talking with Spike. 

"I still can't believe him and Clark are off living together now. It feels more lonely at home now, but at least I have Soph and Isabel. Isabel is a handful right now, she's started school and seems to be doing alright. Greg notices Ed smile as he thinks of his family. 

"Let's get through this shift so you can get home and see them" Greg pats Eddie on the back and then goes back to the briefing room to do his training. 

Spike and Winnie have been standing at the desk for the past few minutes, Spike watching over Winnie's shoulder as she explains to him how the system works. Suddenly, her headset activates and the screen opens up a call automatically. A look of concern falls over Spike's face.

"Team One, hot call. We've got a stabbing in progress, subject potentially still in the area" Winnie announces. She turns to Spike. 

"Stay safe". Spike leans in and kisses her on the cheek. 

"Always am". He rushes off and joins the rest of his team, all of whom are gearing up. The trucks take off, headed towards a small community outside of the downtown core.

They arrive at a small townhouse, where a neighbor reported that the stabbing took place. Jules ran next door to talk to the 911 caller, a woman in her 30s, who was in her backyard at the time and saw the scene unfold through the back window of the victim's house.

"The homeowner, a young woman in her 20s, was home alone and someone unfamiliar to the neighbor entered the kitchen brandishing a knife. The woman tried to run but was stabbed and the man fled from the kitchen. He could still be close" The neighbor explained all of this to Jules, who thanked her and then turned away.

"You get all that Serg?" Jules asked. The rest of team one was surrounding the house, Eddie and Sam were preparing an entry plan.

"I got all that Jules" Greg said, turning his attention to Ed. "Stab victim is in the kitchen in the rear of the house, subject may still be in the house. Winnie, make sure we have uniforms securing a perimeter, hopefully our guy didn't go far".

"Alright everyone," Ed starts. "Sam, Wordy, Spike and I, we're Alpha team. Aggressive entry in the front door. Greg, Sam and Jules, Bravo. Stealth through the rear, clear the area and check on our victim in the kitchen. Everyone good?"

"Ready" Sam says. Wordy jogs up to the front door with a ram, the others in position around him.

"On my count" Ed says.

"3. 2. 1..."