#0: Trying Something Different

Jaiden looked up from the register, a confused expression plastered to her face.

"Sorry, we don't serve pizza rolls here sir..." She trailed off. Her eyes took in the man, who looked more on the hungover side that morning. "...You are aware this is a bakery?"

"You should have pizza rolls!" He fired back, leaning over the counter lazily.

Jaiden shook her head. She sometimes wondered why she kept this job. The food felt store-bought and the check was barely enough to help with rent. At this point, it was like working for a shop that profited off of dead roses.

With a smile plastered to her face, Jaiden addressed the man in a new tone, "So will pizza rolls be it, sir?"

He eagerly nodded his head, to which she replied with another grin.

"CRYSTAL!" Jaiden hollered to the room behind her-

"Are you aware that this is boring?" I turned to Jaiden,  who was laying down on my bed.

"What? The pizza roll story?"

"Who cares about this?" I leaned back in my chair.

"I got assaulted by a man who wanted pizza rolls. Whats not to care about?" She sat up, looking at me as if everything about her was interesting.

"The people don't care about Jim and his pizza roll problem." I got up and tried to jump on her. She reacted by holding her hand out to my chest, the air pressing against me as I hovered above her.

"See this? This is interesting."

Jaiden sighed, setting me back in the chair before standing up.

"People like the ass kicking!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms up.

"I can't 'ass kick' without a house. And I can't have a house without a job. And I don't have a job unless Jim pays for pizza rolls! So really, without Jim and His Pizza Rolls..." Jaiden shot up, my hand darting out to grab my papers before a light breeze pushed her up to the ceiling fan, "There would be no this!"

I banged my head on the table, "You're making the argument that Jim and His Pizza Rolls has a more interesting life than you, Jay."

"Hey! Maybe he does! You have to be quite a fellow to go to a bakery shop and ask for pizza rolls."

I shut down my laptop, staring up at her with a look of annoyance, "You have superpowers."

"A correct statement."

I sighed. She floated down next to me, legs crossed on my desk. "You've never told me all that happened during that year and this is the perfect way for you to share."

"You'd really think it would make a story?"

"Yes! I do, maybe you haven't told me everything but of what I have heard so far..." I trailed off, giving her a raised eyebrow.

Jaiden just chuckled, "It would be The Ultimate Storytime of Every Lifetime that Life Has Ever Existed in."

"The Ultimate Storytime of Every Lifetime that Life Has Ever Existed in," I repeated.

"You're insane."

"A correct statement."

She rolled her eyes, "Fine. But no spinning the truth."

"Just a little? To make you look cool?" I gave her puppy dog eyes.

"Just a little."

hi.

little bit of an authors note to show you that school is taking up too much of my time

that and netflix

nevertheless, this just kinda happened because I had time to write.

ofc, no promises on updating because as far as me and planning go... it's a bit unpredictable

I think that wraps that up. just letting you know I'm still what is considered alive and not hidden in a ditch somewhere in riverside

though, I do have a question.

donut cake or fudge sundae?