Chapter 1- A letter to King Edward

To my dearest friend, King Edward.

You are the only person that I feel I can trust at this moment. I beg to ask a favor of you, old friend.

With the passing of my period of grief over the horrid death of my beautiful queen, it has come to my attention that my innocent young daughter; the heir to my throne and kingdom, is in grave danger.

I am all she has left and she is all that I dearly have left over in this life to cherish. For that reason I feel that someone will dare to use her for her power and her future kingdom that she will possess. That a man would use his charms on her innocent heart and use her for her inheritance and then discard her, or worse kill her once he has what he desires.

The favor or rather the wish that I ask of you my dear old friend is to one day join our kingdoms by marriage to your son and to welcome her, my beautiful Linda, into your family as a daughter.

I have always seen you as the brother I never had and wish that you will grant me this wish and honor of one day calling you family.

I anxiously await your reply and wish you all health.

Yours sincerely,

King Alexander of the Kingdom of Danuden

~~~~

The King laid his pen down on his desk, proceeded to seal the letter with the kingdom crest and instructed the messenger standing in the corner of his room to send the letter to King Edward of the Kingdom of Lennen.

With his urgent business finally done, he left his study and went in search of the only family he had left.

~~~