The Isle of the Lost: Jane's Fourth Year (Too Nice)

Beginne am Anfang

"What do you want now?" Mal asks moodily only to be for the most part ignored as she takes a seat next to a bouncing in place Carlos who asks excitedly, "So you finished them?"

"Yes, I did." Evie smiles brilliantly at him and Jane feels momentarily angry at how happy she is, the princess is horrible with hiding her emotions thus her smile must be real, and Jane inwardly admits to being jealous of that happiness but hides it well enough to ask, "You mean those drawings you were doing?"

Every time they saw her lately she was sketching something or rather more than one thing if the amount of paper was anything to go by.

"What did you draw?" Jay asks and instead of answering she shows them by spreading the papers around so that they can all see them.

"Are these drawings of clothes?" Jane's the first to ask and that's all it takes for Evie to explain to them.

"Yes, I designed them with all of you in mind, I mean I can always change some things if you really want me to, but I think each one has the personality of the one I was thinking of in mind." Carlos picks his up first and looks it over, "Cool so your actually gonna make this?" She nods, "Sweet!" Jay shouts and snatches up his design, "Can mine lose the sleeves?" Evie blinks at him questionably before he flexes his growing muscles showing off, Mal rolls her eyes and the blue-haired princess giggles.

"Sure, I can do that." Then she turns to Mal, "What about you anything you want to change Mal?"

For a moment she says nothing before getting up and walking over to the stairs leading to the exit of the treehouse, "You can keep it I don't need new clothes." Then she proceeds to climb down the stairs as the other girl looks down sadly.

Jane decides to speak up then, "For Mal that was a pretty tame response I think you're growing on her."

None of them seem to believe the brunette so she speaks up again after picking up the drawing meant for her, "So this one is mine, right?" Evie nods and looks as if she's waiting for the other girl to tell her she has no plans to wear it either.

"It's not colored like everyone else's."

"Oh well you don't really wear a particular color and you've said you don't have any parents so um... I was going to ask you do you maybe have a favorite color?"

Did she? No Jane just wore whatever usually Mal's hand me downs because she was younger, it wasn't really her style before but now she didn't really have one or recall her style from before.

"I never really thought about it." The other girl nods, "Well there's no rush-"

"What about green?" Carlos asks while pointing to her wrist, "I've never seen you without that green bracelet before, so you like it right?"

Jane's eyes find her wrist where her emerald beaded bracelet rested, he was right she never took them off. Mal got it for her as a birthday gift, the only one she's had since her arrival on the Isle. Jane never thought much about the color, but green was as good as any and the beads helped her hide her brunt wrist pretty well when she didn't wear long sleeves.

"Yeah, I like it." Evie smiles and claps, "Okay I'll use that as a starting point and see what goes good with that, I'm sure you'll look great."

The younger girl just nods at the more fashion-conscious girl's enthusiasm.

The rest of the day is spent chilling at Carlos' treehouse and talking about fashion when eventually leads to hair talk and that in turn leads to the girl's discovery of Curl Up & Dye with Mal a few days later.