sixty-five: bedtime

"oh my, you boys seem extremely tired. what did you two do?" jeongguk's aunt exclaimed after she opened the door for the two. they had gone out exploring the entirety of the day.

jeongguk instantly crashed on the soft beige sofa. taehyung followed shortly with a loud yawn. "there's a lot to see in seoul," the younger of the two said.

"well, i hope you both had fun. have you eaten?"

the boys lazily nodded, too tired to use words.

"seems like it's bedtime. okay! change your clothes and brush your teeth, then sleep!" she was quick to push the boys to their room.

taehyung scratched the back of his neck, using the his spare hand to cover his yawn. "i'll go change in the bathroom, tell me when you're done." jeongguk nodded to taehyung's suggestion. both boys picked out their night clothes and changed. jeongguk made sure to scream loudly that he was not ready when taehyung questioned what took him so long. he needed some extra time to remove the makeup the younger put on, which he didn't want he other to know of.

the two went to their designated beds, taehyung turning off the lights as it was closest to him.

"goodnight," taehyung spoke out quietly. he heard a a soft yawn, followed by a short 'night, and soon came the light snores.

taehyung stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. the boy was quite tired, but sleeps seems to not want to come over taehyung. it's the usual for him, the comfort of his bed is usually enough to restore his energy. it may be the fact that taehyung's used to sleepless nights that's keeping him up, but it also may be a certain boy with an adorable bunny-toothed smile. the entire day taehyung was lucky enough to see the younger's smile. they did everything he wished to do. from visiting seoul's street vendors, to art galleries. taehyung enjoyed the art gallery the most, he was able to observe a beautiful creation of art by god himself staring at more art.

"hyung, hyung, look! patbingsu!" the younger beamed, dragging taehyung to the vendor, the two had subconsciously began holding hands. jeongguk stared at the shaved ice, wanting nothing more than to try some.

taehyung quickly took out his wallet, leaving jeongguk's hand for a quick second to give enough money for one cup of the treat. he quickly reconnected their hands, not wanting jeongguk to notice they began holding hands in the first place. little did he know jeongguk was the one to initiate the contact. it was out of his comfort zone, but he couldn't help himself.

"only one?" jeongguk questioned, but his confusion was cleared up when taehyung grabbed two spoons and placed it in the cup of patbingsu the younger held.

he flashed a mischievous smile. "now since i payed for this, we're going to eat it my way. for every spoon you feed me, you get one spoon fed to you."

jeongguk pouted, giving his "meanest" look. "but hyung, we're in public."

"so?"

"ugh, fine. only because the patbingsu looks delicious." jeongguk carefully picked up a spoon, scooping the right amount of the shaved ice, and slowly leading it to taehyung's mouth. as he took the delicious treat, the younger failed at trying to keep his shy smile from showing. after swallowing the cold sweet, taehyung grabbed the other spoon and grabbed a big scoop. he quickly lead it to jeongguk, and as he opened his mouth, he steered the spoon back to his mouth, making jeongguk pout once again.

"hyung," the boy whined.

taehyung chuckled and brought the spoon back to the younger, who quickly ate it before he can be tricked again. the two smiled at each other like idiots while they kept on the same pattern until the cup was empty. seeing jeongguk's upset face when his spoon hit the bottom, taehyung couldn't help buy him another for him to enjoy alone.