chapter twenty

Lucy let out a painful sob when she saw Zachary. She tried to run towards him but Sawyer held her back. Sawyer wanted to be one hundred percent positive that Andy wasn't nearby. Sawyer scanned the area. It was hard to see through the rain. He didn't see anyone, but he still had the feeling he was being watched. Lucy broke free from Sawyer and ran to Zachary sobbing. She slid down beside him and noticed a stab wound in his abdomen. He had another stab wound in his thigh, and another in his shoulder. Zachary had dried blood covering his entire body. His nose was bleeding and his lip was busted, he even had a black eye. Lucy saw his chest shakily moving up and down, he was breathing.

"Who did this?" Lucy asks with tears in her eyes.

"Why, it was me of course." Andy walked out from behind a tree and grinned at Lucy.

"Andy?!" Lucy exclaimed and backs away. She turns towards Sawyer to see him behind held against his will by Audrey.

"I killed him...for you." Andy says and walks closer to Lucy. Lucy glanced over at Zachary and made sure his chest was still signaling that he was breathing, apparently Andy thought he was dead.

"Why would you do something like this for me?" Lucy asks and kicks Zachary's leg when Andy wasn't looking. She heard him groan slightly.

"I wanted to prove how much I want to be with you." Andy grabs Lucy's hand with his bloody one. Lucy glanced over at Zachary, his eyes were moving slightly. Lucy then looked at Sawyer who was watching Zachary closely. Sawyer looked at Lucy and nodded.

Lucy kicked Zachary again and looked up at Andy who was staring at her with a confused look.

"Sorry, my foot slipped." Lucy lied. Andy didn't seem to care.

"Anyways, Can we be together Lucy?" Andy asks

Lucy hesitated, she saw the knife in Andy's pocket and knew that he wouldn't hesitate to kill her or Sawyer.

"Of course we can." Lucy smiled. Andy grinned.