Chapter 30: The beginning in the end.

Author's note

I know you've waited for this chapter past three weeks and I'm so sorry for that! I had no internet and I hope you'll forgive me. 

(Ugh, and I really do hope that you won't be disappointed by the ending)

P.S. Oh, and I'm happy to tell you that I'm planning to write new, kind of short Vampire Weekend fan fiction. There's some link in this chapter to it, you can guess which vampire boy is going to be the main character in new fanfic c:

Third Person Omniscient

Alex could still see ambulance lights flashing under his eyelids, slowly fading into black spots as he finally decided to look around.

White.

All what his brains could bear to understand was white.

Just like brightness that struck him to make a sharp turn. Just like brightness he got lost in.

Next thing his head was filled by was a girl.

"Arabella" Name got onto his lips so easily and he just wanted to repeat it until it will stop being painfully uncouth. He felt like something was missing, horribly gone. There was fear in his heart stopping it every time he tried to take a breath. Alex leaned into his knees trying to remember anything what happened .

He could see her silhouette next to the club, her legs awkwardly crossed and hope popping up on her face synchronized with him taking off his helmet.  

No, wait.  

He wasn't wearing it. He was taking off his jacket, because she was cold.

Why did he forget his helmet?

It was so stupid, he never did that. His fingers got stuck on his head, with his lips still repeating same name and with a sickening taste in his mouth.

Alcohol. 

It was his fault. 

He felt his skin contacting with bandage on his head, before it started spinning again and next thing he felt was cool pillow underneath. I'm in hospital - finally his mind perceived and his body lifted up again. 

In seconds he found himself in dark corridor without any direction where to go. He just followed the sound of people talking. Soon, he turned after the corner and saw four pairs of eyes piercing him through.

"Look who's up." Stumpy college type guy in sky blue outfit grumbled silently and turned around, going to do his job, in case he never liked being in touch with patients. His washed off clothing told Alex that he was definitely not a doctor.

"I'm sorry, but you'll need to get back to your bed, mister." Nurse gently tucked him by his sleeve. Hospital pyjama. I'm in hospital. Alex's slowed down brain had to repeat it just in case. Nurse pointed back to darkness he came from and his eyes desperately looked around to find something to get him more connected to reality. Immediately he got stuck on the clock. 6. AM, as the view behind window suggested.

"I will." He whispered too quietly for a nurse to hear. "Can you tell me..What day is today?"

"February 18th, now please, follow me back to your room." Her tone was urgent, eyes narrowed, exploring his face.

Three days. He was asleep three days.

In a corner of his eye he saw memories replaying. Miles. Miles sleeping on the couch in front of his bed. Monkeys with worried faces on. Some tubes connected to his arm. Voices, a lot of them. Mostly telling him to go back to sleep.