chapter 23

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! Summer has been busy and I had to remake this chapter a few times as it wouldn't save the progress I made. Anyways! I hope you guys enjoy!

Blue.

Disgusting blue.

Sickening....

      For the past hour or so, that's all you could see as pearl flew the ship as it came near the earth's atmosphere. The water seemed endless. " Are we there yet?" You groaned. Pearl rolled her eyes " (y/n), it's only been a half hour" she said. Whoops, anyways, it felt like hours. Steven smiled as he shook his head “ don Terry (y/n)! We’ll We’ll be there soon" he said trying to cheer you up. You were currently sprawled out on your chair, boredom clearly on your face, you needed to do something, run, you needed to move. But as you reached the ground pearl slowed the ship down and made it land, with you jumping out. Quickly, everyone else got off and you smiled as a plan formed in your head. " Steven! pack your things, we're heading out for a while" you sadi as you ran inside into the temple with a confused Steven on your tail.

"What are we packing for?" Steven asked as he poked his head into your room. His eyes narrowing in confusion when he saw that you were not in your room. " (y/n)?" He called out as he began to look around the temple. " over here steven!" You called out and his face showed even more confusion as you on his bed packing for him. " what are you doing ?" He asked as he tilted his head at you. " I'm not planning on moving away " he said. The suitcase was big enough that someone would thing they would be gone for years.

Taking a break from packing, you looked down at him. " well. The place where this Irken lives, I assume that he lives near new york city ((it was never specified which city Zimbabweans lived so its it's new your city now)) " you said as you looked up to think for a few seconds, tapping your chin in thought "sooooo, it would be a 4 to 5 hours trip, mostly due to bathroom breaks because steven, I know you probably wouldn't be able to hold it in for the whole trip. " you said and began to pack but pause when you realized that you hadn't fully answered his question. " But we need to stay there for a few weeks, maybe months. It depends on how long we need to stay to keep the irken away" you said. Pearl, who had been listening in on the conversation walked over, a bit upset. " (y/n), now, I know you mean well. But I don't think that this would be very safe. " She said. You just gave her a smile " That's why you guys are coming with us!'' Pearl's eyes widen.

" we all go to new york city? How will we all get there?" She asks. 'Good, she almost in' you thought to yourself as you turned so you fully faced her.

"Well, I was thinking thinking you guys ride with Steven's father, use his car to get there. Me and steven could ride lion. Lapis could fly with peridot. " you said. But of course with pearl being pearl, she had to come back with something to make your plan stumble back.
"How are we going to get a place to stay? I mean, for all of us to stay in one place, it would have to be a big place. That means we would need a lot of the human currency " 'why does she have to be right?'  You sighed to yourself. " besides, what If something happened here at beach city? We need to be here to protect everyone here" she said.

You let out a sigh bit your frown soon faded as you began to think again. " But. I would have to find an open apartment, and then hack into their system. Peridot should be able to handle that, it may not be homeworld tech but it should be easy enough. " You said with a wave of your hand. Steven smiled proudly at how fast you were able to push down Pearl's questions almost effortlessly.

"Once we hack their system, for as long as we need it we'll have them send over a key and have it say it was already paid for. Then we'll have school applications. Since it's a middle school, we can have fake identifications and profiles, because if they see we have no other records for any other schools, they might get suspicious." You said.
Pearl's eyes widen as she frowned. "Are you suggesting we steal the place? (Y/n) , I thought you knew better, I'm not an expert on human rules. But isn't that what they call illegal?" She asks.

       Shaking your head you fold your arms, "it is, but don't forget what we're doing this for. If we don't do this it could evolve into a much bigger problem. It's for the greater good. " you said as you picked up Steven's suitcase. " besides, some can stay here and some can come. So......how about you, peridot and garnet come with us? Amethyst, lapis and the off coloured gems can stay here while we're gone. And if anything happens, you guys could head back " you said. Pearl took in what you had said to her, she had to admit, even though the plan was rough around the edges, it was still workable.

"Alright, alright fine. But I hope you know what you're doing" she said as she turned to leave and tell the others " we'll leave tomorrow, so rest up" she said as she left.

Steven sighed as he got up from his bed and walked to your room to where you were sitting on tour bed, coming up with more ideas of what to do. " hey (y/n) .......can I ask you something?" Steven asked as he slowly walked into your room. Snapping out of your thoughts, you turned to him.

" what is it steven? Something wrong?" You asked, worried as he didn't have his normal cheeky smile. He sighed as he sat next to you on your bed and looked at his feet, hesitant on asking the question.

"What are we?"