Chapter 3- In Which a Plan is Created

A/N- Hey guys, I'm finally back! I'm so sorry I was gone for so long. It's been over a month. ಥ-ಥ A couple urgent events came up, and I was forced to leave the plans and drafts I made for a bit, but I'm back now. Thanks for waiting. Enjoy!

~❀~

"What?"

~❀~

Todoroki couldn't bring himself to look into Midoriya's eyes, and instead focused on Midoriya's bright red sneakers. He had to admit, he felt terrible for telling Midoriya, but it was the truth. He did not possess the ability to take Midoriya back.

As a French Snow hare*, Todoroki possessed the ability to open up portals to the human world using his powers, which were fire and ice. He first created some ice, then set fire to the ice, making a pool of magical water he used as a portal. However, in emergencies, like the one just now, he was able to create a portal from his stored powers, quickly calling up the portal. The downside of his abilities was that he could not return to the same place in the human world twice in a row. He wasn't quite sure why, since both his mother and father were able to open up repeating portals. He suspected that reopening portals had to do with the amount of fire and ice he used. Even if he wanted to help Midoriya return home, he wouldn't be able to help because he hadn't been paying attention to the ratio of his fire and ice when he opened up the portal to Midoriya's house. He wouldn't have needed to anyway, because he had just gone to explore. Bringing a human to Yuuei had absolutely NOT been Todoroki's plan this morning.

*Todoroki's mother is a Snowshoe hare, making her fur white in animal form and possesses ice powers. On the other hand, Todoroki's father is French hare, making his fur a brown-red and possesses fire powers. Todoroki got the even split between his parents and is called a French Snow hare by his family.

"Well, you see...I can only open portals to a certain area once...I can't make my portals open to the exact same place twice. If I were to open a portal right now, it could transport you to the other side of your world. Into any terrain. I still haven't mastered my powers yet. I'm sorry, Midoriya. The only person I do know who can take you back with absolute certainty is King All Might, also known as the White King. His kingdom is on the other side of Yuuei. It's a long trip, but I can take you there."

~❀~

Midoriya looked up at him with fearful eyes. "My mother will be so worried....She was calling me in for dinner...I'm sorry I've caused you all this trouble, and I'm sorry to my mother for making her panic, but even so, time is running out! How long does it take to get to the king's palace? If we were to set off now, not knowing what kind of terrain it might be, I guess Todoroki would know, but since I've never been here I don't know what kinds of problems we might face or the types of people we might meet, and if Todoroki can't fight them off, it would take even more time...Considering that Todoroki calls it a land, it must be pretty big...And with different terrains too...If we take even just 20 minutes to walk a mile, we would be walking at least more than 5, even 10 miles, and then that would be way over an hour, at most it would take three hours, and we would still have to consider resting times, but since I need to get back right away, we can't rest, but Todoroki will need his energy, but my mother will be so worried, she might call the police to find me, and that wouldn't be good because they wouldn't be able to find me anywhere and that would mean more stress and worry for my poor mother, thankfully it's the weekend, but still I'll be losing a lot of time, and-"

"Midoriya!"

Midoriya felt a sharp tug as Todoroki used his hand to lift the green haired boy's chin. "Midoriya, please calm down. I understand you are worried, but do not fret. I'm pretty sure there is a time difference between your world and mine. I think it was one week here is an hour on Earth? You'll be fine, as long as we can move quickly. If I could help you alone, I really would. But for now, the only choice we have is to go to the White King and ask him for help. I'm sure he'll be able to send you back home. Are you up for it, Midoriya?" Todoroki gently asked as he held out his hand.

Midoriya studied Todoroki carefully. His mother had always taught him to be careful around strangers, and to always have his guard up. With his father working overseas and mother working a city away 5 days a week, Midoriya was usually alone at home, reading, writing, and analyzing different books written by his favorite authors. He had never been very social, and never had many friends He was grateful that he had met Todoroki, even if he was a magical hybrid animal that lived in a magical world that was unknown to the rest of the world. Looking up at Todoroki, Midoriya closed his eyes and smiled. Mom, I think I can trust him. I'll be home soon, I promise. Smiling, Midoriya opened his emerald eyes and took Todoroki's hand.

"Yeah, I am. Thanks, Todoroki."

~❀~

//July 14//