Chapter 2- Meet the Rabbit

"Are you okay?"

~❀~

Keeping his head down and avoiding eye contact, Midoriya nodded nervously. He managed to look up for a second and mumble a short, "Thank you for saving me." Before he dropped his head down again. Studying the ground beneath him, Midoriya waited for the figure to say something. A few silent seconds passed by, making Midoriya more and more nervous. Why did he save me? Where even am I? What's going to happen to me now? How did I get here? Through a hole. Why did I fall into a hole? The....The bunny! Where did the bunny go? I- Midoriya jolted out of his thoughts as a hand reached out and lightly tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, are you scared of me? Is that why you're avoiding eye contact?" The figure's soft voice echoed around the room. Midoriya felt his heart hammer against his chest. Oh dear God, What's going to happen to me now? He lifted his head and found himself staring into a sharp pair of blue and grey eyes. Gasping, Midoriya stumbled back. He had seen those eyes before. The bunny. Understanding filled the dual colored eyes, and he heard the figure let out a small laugh.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." Midoriya hesitated as the figured snapped twice. At that moment, the room, or tunnel, lit up. The tunnel they were in had no entrances, but had a small wooden door in the corner. Midoriya's eyes widened as he studied the person standing before him. The figure turned out to be a tall man with neat, evenly split white and red hair. He was wearing a green and black tuxedo, white pants, and a green top hat. On the left side of his face, he had a burn scar around his turquoise eye. He wanted to ask what is was, but shook it off. I'll ask later. Then, on top of his head, was a pair of red and white rabbit ears. Midoriya stood silently as he pieced all the information and facts together. Black and green tuxedo. White pants. Red and white hair, blue and grey eyes. The bunny. No way.

Midoriya looked up at the male and asked quietly, "Are you by chance, the bunny I was following just now? The talking one?" When he didn't respond, Midoriya dropped his gaze and squeaked out an apology. "Sorry! If you don't know what I'm talking about, I really didn't mean to bother you. You see, I was following a red and white bunny, and I fell into a hole, but you were wearing the exact same thing as it, and I just thought that maybe you were the bunny, since it's not here anymore, but I guess I was mistaken, or my eyes played tricks on me. I-" Midoriya stopped as a hand covered his mouth.

"You're doing it again." Midoriya slowly looked back up and saw a small smile on the male's lips. "Doing what again?" He asked hesitantly. "The muttering." The red and white haired male replied. Forgetting where he was, Midoriya smiled. "You're the bunny!"I think I can trust him...He saved me, didn't he? Midoriya thought to himself. Smiling a little bit wider, the man introduced himself.

"Todoroki Shoto. I am indeed the bunny you were following. And you?"

~❀~

Todoroki couldn't help but smile at the green haired boy. At that moment, Todoroki knew that the boy in front of him was not an ordinary human. He was special, but Todoroki could not quite place his finger on it. "Todoroki Shoto. I am indeed the bunny you were following. And you?" He saw the boy's green eyes light up. "My name is Midoriya Izuku! I'm really sorry for chasing after you! I just thought, no you looked...A bit different from the rest of the bunnies I've ever seen." Todoroki nodded, wincing. I'm not supposed to be interacting with a human. As long as the dumb old man doesn't find out... "I could say the same thing to you too. You aren't like the other humans I've seen either."

Todoroki saw Midoriya nod, then look at him. "I, uh, don't mean to be rude, but...How old are you exactly, Todoroki?" Todoroki found the question to be quite difficult to answer. He knew that he was in his late teens, but he wasn't sure of his exact age. Since he wasn't a royal, he didn't celebrate his birthday either. "17." He replied. Todoroki sent Midoriya a puzzled look when he gasped. "I'm 17 too, Todoroki! We're the same age!" Todoroki nodded absentmindedly as he thought of what would happen after introductions. Out of the corner of his eye, Todoroki saw a flash of panic in Midoriya's eyes as he looked up. "Hey, Todoroki? Can I go back? I need to tell my mom that I'm fine...She might be worried."

Todoroki looked at the small boy and felt his heart skip a beat. He felt an urge to keep Midoriya by his side. Mentally slapping himself, Todoroki turned around. What is wrong with you, Todoroki? He's a human, you are not. You are a beast, a monster. A half and half demon. You're going to put him in danger. He's already at risk of getting hurt here. Take him back, Todoroki! He shut his eyes tight as his mind yelled at him to take the human back, yelling about how the human could get hurt if Todoroki took him to where he lived. Land of Yuuei, unknown to most humans. Those who have seen it call it "Mahō no Yōna Wonderland", roughly translating to "Magical Wonderland". Midoriya wouldn't survive a day there. Even if I wanted to, it's not like I have the ability to take him back... "Todoroki? Hey, Todoroki? Are you okay?" Todoroki looked down to see Midoriya tugging on his jacket. Blinking, Todoroki shook his head and cleared his thoughts. "Yes, why do you ask?" He asked.

~❀~

Midoriya watched as Todoroki frowned to himself, deep in thought. I wonder what he is thinking about... Midoriya continued to watch Todoroki frown harder, looking troubled and stressed out. "Hey, Todoroki? Are you okay?" Todoroki gave no response, making Midoriya worry. Midoriya tugged lightly on Todoroki's green jacket. "Todoroki? Hey, Todoroki? Are you okay?" He watched as Todoroki blinked and nod his head. "Yes, why do you ask?" Midoriya hesitated. "Well, you seemed to be...stressed about something. You were frowning, and..." Midoriya trailed off as he heard Todoroki groan. "Sorry Midoriya, I was just thinking. And, your home..." Todoroki dropped his head. "I'm sorry, Midoriya. I am not able to take you back home." Midoriya froze as he slowly processed what Todoroki had just said.

"What?"

~❀~

-----------------------

A/N- Thanks for reading.

//May 27//

-----------------------