Chapter 16: The Start Of Chaos

"So, anything on Loki yet?" Rayuno called as he approached his lover.

"He's recently taken ill," Sakura sighed. "But I'm cautious all the same."

Rayuno smiled gently, "I know you are. If there's anything I know about you, it's how paranoid you are in certain situations."

Sakura allowed him to embrace her, even though the young brunette wanted nothing more than to push everyone away. Sakura didn't want to do that, especially to her lover, but with the way she had lived in her past life, as a mortal, it was difficult not to.

"Sakura? Is there something wrong?" Rayuno inquired, worried due to the fact that the young girl was shaking like a leaf.

She looked up at his gorgeous golden eyes, knowing that he would accept her for who she is, not who she was. But her history of being a liar and occasional thief sometimes captures her and she repeats her actions.

"No," she lied, hating herself for it. "There's nothing wrong, Kuryu."

Rayuno patiently waited for her to calm down. After being in a relationship for half a year, he had learned to tell the difference between truth and deceit in Sakura's case. "If you're certain, love," he chuckled.

Sakura looked to the sky and noticed a pair of black feathered wings pass over some of the small holes of the warehouse. "Is that…"

Puzzled, Rayuno released her and briskly walked outside in time to see Yami's form head into the trees.

"That can't possibly be Loki!" he laughed nervously, glancing at his lover. "Could it?"

Yami's POV

Oh, it feels so good to be free again! Now to bring chaos on this pathetic planet…

Wait… What am I saying? I shouldn't be thinking like that!

I dove into the forest below me, quickly weaving my way between the dark trees that block my path.

The wind beneath my wings, the rush of energy coursing through me, I felt so alive, so free, as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

Why, I do wonder, do I feel tempted to release myself and allow the energy to overrun the Earth?

Oh well, it matters not!

I remember the last time that these conspiratory thoughts I currently think about had taken me. It's been almost…

Wow, has it already been sixteen years? Time goes by quickly these days.

The last time something like this occurred, it was almost two months after the wedding. Damn that woman. I feel sorry for Sakura. It must be horrible being confused for her wicked twin sister.

I felt another rush of adrenaline flood my senses as I go straight for the midnight sky that seems to be calling to me.

The moon is beautiful tonight… Don't you agree?

Normal POV

Yami's silhouette can be spotted on the face of the pale moon, the male scanning the city from above as his pitch black wings held him aloft.

Without warning, he dove into the streets, maneuvering himself along the speeding vehicles. He could only laugh as others swerved in fear of accidently hitting him.

He approached the Kaiba Corp. building, landing softly on the railing. His wings disappeared just before the door burst open with a very irritated Kaiba Seto glaring daggers at his back.

"What are you doing up here, Yami?" he growled. The other began to chuckle at the brunette's tone.

"My name is Loki, Kaiba," he airily corrected, slightly surprised when he heard him take the safety off of his pistol. *When did he…?*