Chapter Twenty-Three: Not forever, only temporary

Y/N's POV

You stood in front of your closet, shifting through your clothes to find something for your best friend's funeral. You finally pulled one out, holding it up to make sure it was the right one.

You nodded and headed into your bathroom to change before you started on your make-up

You nodded and headed into your bathroom to change before you started on your make-up. Soon you were all ready to go and exited your house, getting in the car. 

----Time Skip----

You climbed out of your car and stepped onto the grassy ground, trying to keep balance in your heels as you walked towards your friends, who led you into a building. For the next hour, you sat through the funeral with a saddened face but nothing more, it was hard to cry and make yourself vulnerable when there were so many people. You listened to everyone's speech they gave about H.R. until it was finally your turn and you made your way to the front. You stood at the alter and began to speak. 

"H.R....Where to begin?" You asked letting out a saddened chuckle. "He wasn't just some person I talked to when I went to work, or a friend who I went to for advice...He was my best friend, he knew almost everything about me, my fears, my goals, what kind of food I liked and which I didn't, the movies that I laughed at and the ones that made me cry...Hell, he even memorized what jokes made me roll over laughing and which only made me chuckle...It was both a blessing and a curse." You cleared your throat. "I told H.R. just about everything and he did the same, even if we hadn't know each other for long, we bonded instantly and it's a shame he couldn't be with us longer...You know we actually planned on going on an adventure at one point, to wherever we could, places where we could just let loose and have fun...Unfortunately that can't happen anymore, but one thing is for sure whenever I go somewhere I've never been, I'll make sure to take a picture and then bring it back to lay on his grave, so at least I'll know he made it on our adventure, even if only through a photo and I was able to stay true to our promise that I wouldn't travel without him....H.R., you are my best friend and I love you." You said trying to keep your cool as you walked back down the stairs, towards your seat. You looked up and saw your friends smiling solemnly at you. You smiled back and blinked away a few tears. 

You soon found yourself standing outside with your friends watching as H.R.'s casket was being lowered into the ground. Your friends said their goodbyes and turned towards you expectantly. You looked over to them and croaked out.

"Can I have a second alone?" They nodded and began walking away. You crouched to the ground making sure your dress was still covering everything before you broke down. Now that you were alone you broke down, letting all of the tears that had built up earlier fall out.

"H.R...." You sniffled out. "I should have been a better friend...I should have told them about the mark like you said...Then we probably wouldn't have been here, you wouldn't have been down there..." You wiped your nose on your sleeveless arm. 

"H.R., now matter where I go or who I meet, you'll always be my best friend, no one can take your place...Jesse might have been there in the beginning, but you'll always be there till' the end, even if not physically, I know you'll be there because you always were." You said before standing up with a fistful of dirt and throwing it on his casket. You wiped your eyes before walking away and muttering your final words to your best friend.

"This goodbye isn't permanent, only temporary, we'll see each other again."